HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:06 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 8GB 2G iPhones Pwnd 2.0.2
Operating System: XP Pro & Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanBurke View Post
I already upgraded using the 2.01 trick earlier this week, I just don't have the installer beta, which isnt important since there isnt anything good on installer right now. I just want some custom boot logos but oh well. I guess we will be seeing FW 2.03 next week lol

If you search this thread there is a way to change your boot logos, and with this quickpwn version for 2.0.2 you get the pineapple loading screen and I am not sure what the restore looks like now, but i think its changed also.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Green Apple

Im going to jailbreak my iPhone 3G 8GB on 2.0.2 but Im just wondering once I jailbreak ONLY and apple releases a new update if I update to latest firmware will my iPhone be bricked or I just won't be able to jailbreak it until it becomes jailbroken.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g pwn'd
Operating System: Vista

ok just upgraded through itunes to 2.0.2 ona 6gb 3g iphone... opened quickpwn, followed instructions and voila jailbroken 3g iphone with intsaller and cydia... dev team and everyone that contributed to coming out with these programs you guys are the best... thanks...
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeygq69 View Post
Im going to jailbreak my iPhone 3G 8GB on 2.0.2 but Im just wondering once I jailbreak ONLY and apple releases a new update if I update to latest firmware will my iPhone be bricked or I just won't be able to jailbreak it until it becomes jailbroken.
It wont brick the phone it will simply "un-jailbreak it" so to speak. Since you have the 3G you dont need to unlock, which is the only thing that stays as you update. You have to jailbreak every new firmware, every time.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeygq69 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I just got my 3G yesterday and I don't want to brick this thing and I don't understand enough of the downgrade re-installs to prepare if something goes wrong.

BTW, who is this dev-team? are they apple employees or just a hack team doing some good work?
Old 08-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: XP

Ok...hopefully I can get someone to help me here.
First I am on Tmobile... 1st gen

I updated by the instructions... to 2.0.2..
Funny thing... My phone was not locked after the update.
Tmobile came up after the update and all my apps were gone... Cydia apps..
And I could make calls....no problem..

I tried running the QuickPwn and Cydia is not on my Springboard...
Ran it like 20 times already...

What are mine doing wrong??
Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Ok...hopefully I can get someone to help me here.
First I am on Tmobile... 1st gen

I updated by the instructions... to 2.0.2..
Funny thing... My phone was not locked after the update.
Tmobile came up after the update and all my apps were gone... Cydia apps..
And I could make calls....no problem..

I tried running the QuickPwn and Cydia is not on my Springboard...
Ran it like 20 times already...

What are mine doing wrong??
Your phone, assuming its already been pwned will remain unlocked after the update. Run quickpwn and follow the instructions, using a 2.0.1 firmware and that will jailbreak it and give you Cydia and Installer. Id probably start over with the factory 2.0.2(DFU, Shift+Restore) firmware and then proceed to the quickpwn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTBoomer View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I just got my 3G yesterday and I don't want to brick this thing and I don't understand enough of the downgrade re-installs to prepare if something goes wrong.

BTW, who is this dev-team? are they apple employees or just a hack team doing some good work?
Scroll up regarding the 3G question

The dev team is just a group of folks doing outstanding work for our enjoyment
The Dev Team

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-21-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
Id probably start over with the factory 2.0.2(DFU, Shift+Restore) firmware and then proceed to the quickpwn.

The Dev Team

I tried that... It counts to 20... then its says 100% done...
And nothing... my phone is now unlocked.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I don't understand. I just updated 2.0.2 via itunes and t-mobile still works. Actually the only thing that went missing is cynthia.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: IPhone 3G
Operating System: Vista

QuickPwn keeps crashing after I browse for the custom Ispw and hit go. Ugh
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone
Operating System: OSX

If I connect my iPhone after upgrading to 2.0.2 to QuickPWN in order to jailbreak, do I have to put it in DFU or Restore Mode? Should be on or off?

It would be very fine, if the guides would mention that all exactly. It is every time very confusing.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16g Touch 2.0.2 pwned
Operating System: win xp

Quickpwnd! It was so easy. Worked the first time too!
-Updated to 2.0.2 via iTunes. (first I did "download only" to get the file. Then clicked update to go to 2.0.2)
-Sync to get a clean back-up. If you haven't jailbroke yet, make sure to sync to have a "clean" file. I have heard about using a jb'd backup can cause bugginess after pwning.
-Opened quickpwnGUI.
-Follow the steps. I unchecked "boot logos" to keep the apple...though I wish I could use my previous pwnd logos. But whatever.
-When it came to following the steps for DFU, I did not. I put my iPod into DFU on my own and then the pwning beagn on its own....
-The iPod rebooted and I am now 2.0.2 pwnd! You Tube, maps, installer, cydia all work. Including mail.

For those with mail not working, I had to just reenter my password in the mail settings to fix it!

Now DFU: I have used these steps and they have worked EVERY time, the FIRST time. I know it works with my 16g iPod. Phones may be different.

-Turn off the device and wait until it is off.
-Press BOTH power+home for 10seconds. I count: 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand....
-After 10-one thousand let go of the POWER button and keep holding the HOME button for about another 10 seconds. Remember don't let go of the power button until you finish 10-one thousand, like before you would count to 11.
-You will hear the duh-nuh USB sound on PC and the pwning process will begin. Let go of the HOME button. Sit back and relax.

Hope it helps. I know it's helped me.

Last edited by jailwut wunnow; 08-21-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
I tried that... It counts to 20... then its says 100% done...
And nothing... my phone is now unlocked.
Hold the home key until it finishes processes 5, 6 , 7 Matter of fact I held it much longer than 30 secs. It doesnt finish the countdown for you. release home when you hear the last chime(turn up your speakers) at the very end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birke View Post
If I connect my iPhone after upgrading to 2.0.2 to QuickPWN in order to jailbreak, do I have to put it in DFU or Restore Mode? Should be on or off?

It would be very fine, if the guides would mention that all exactly. It is every time very confusing.
Leave it on and showing the emergency screen or your home screen whichever you see. Then follow the steps and turn off the phone when the pop up cmd window says to, leaving the phone plugged in. Follow the steps in the commands. and no problems...

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-21-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: osx 10.5.3

still waiting for the newest PwnageTool before updating my 1st gen 1.1.4. did a zibri unlock and am just wondering if i can go to the newest FW or do i have to start off with 2.0 pwnd before doin the newest update. i guess i should worry about it when the app is out...but i'm just still curious.

also, what have you noticed is missing after updates? anything you recommend sshing and backing up?

i'm also gonna miss swirlymms. i have to recheck but i don't think there's a working 2.0 version...anyone else finding extra files that did or didn't get deleted?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseSTi View Post
QuickPwn keeps crashing after I browse for the custom Ispw and hit go. Ugh
Which firmware are you trying to use?
I used 2.0.1 in quickpwn to jailkbreak 2.0.2
when I tried to use 2.0.2 in quickpwn it froze and crashed. So then I used 2.0.1 and Voila!

Note: You cannot use custom ispw's for Quickpwn. You have to use Factory firmware files. Read the instructions in the very first post. Thats the whole point of the GUI. What are running on now?

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News