HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 05:17 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1st Gen 1.14
Operating System: Vista

Maybe I am doing something wrong but when I put it in dfu mode and the process got to 100% the program just froze, i had to restore to 2.01 winpwn firmware, am i missing something, I followed the steps in the first post
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by alek View Post
is there anyway to save ur 2.o.1 apps? (the cydia/installer) ones

2nd woot!!1
I think if they do something with that option it would be really good because after you personalize your iPhone with your stuff and the Poof desapearing you got to download it again!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I successfully upgraded to 2.0.2, but I can't seem to find this firmware file in order to jailbreak with quickwn. When I open quickpwn I select iphone & the next page asks me to "browse for firware." I tried downloading the 2.0.2 from the download section but it won't work.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

if you guys are having trouble getting this to work, this guide helped me

YouTube - QuickPWN GUI for 2.0.2 Jailbreak...

it's easy to follow. bye hope i can help
Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP

did anyone elses MiVtones app stop working? I have it installed and have videos I downloaded before upgrading the software and jailbreaking.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:06 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 8GB 2G iPhones Pwnd 2.0.2
Operating System: XP Pro & Vista

If you guys are having trouble restoring to the factory 2.0.2 Try downloading it from BigBoss, and put your phone into DFU then shift + restore. works like a charm. It appears to hang on preparing software but no fear, it takes about 10 minutes to restore.

As for the folks who arent sure when to release the home key while using quickpwn, i waited till the pc chimed; seemed longer than 30 seconds, but i waited till then. The process completed 100% but sat for a while, I still held way past that. Its working on both phones flawlessly now.

Edit: Remember, even though you are going up to 2.0.2 you still have to load the 2.0.1 factory firmware in quickpwn to do it.

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-21-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:25 PM
What's Jailbreak?

So upgrade via itunes to 2.0.2. Then download 2.0.1 in quickpwn. Will all be OK going from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 in itunes? Will the phone remain unlocked. Using 2G iphone.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 PM
What's Jailbreak?

hey i used this and it jailbroke the phone but it is not unlocked it Icant call anyone. My phone was a 2g iphone dose any one have nay ideas on how to unlock the phone part
Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
If you guys are having trouble restoring to the factory 2.0.2 Try downloading it from BigBoss, and put your phone into DFU then shift + restore. works like a charm. It appears to hang on preparing software but no fear, it takes about 10 minutes to restore.

As for the folks who arent sure when to release the home key while using quickpwn, i waited till the pc chimed; seemed longer than 30 seconds, but i waited till then. The process completed 100% but sat for a while, I still held way past that. Its working on both phones flawlessly now.

Edit: Remember, even though you are going up to 2.0.2 you still have to load the 2.0.1 factory firmware in quickpwn to do it.

i dont know what you mean by that edit, i loaded 2.0.2 into quickpwn and it worked just fine, my itouch is on 2.0.2, jailbroken and cydia and installer. im now syncing all my apps/music back onto it, and everythings fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiano View Post
Maybe I am doing something wrong but when I put it in dfu mode and the process got to 100% the program just froze, i had to restore to 2.01 winpwn firmware, am i missing something, I followed the steps in the first post
that same thing happened to me the first time, all i did was close everything including my internet browser, and it worked the second time. i dont know if that will help you, but it helped me

Last edited by basketballguy743; 08-21-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlinglvr View Post
So upgrade via itunes to 2.0.2. Then download 2.0.1 in quickpwn. Will all be OK going from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 in itunes? Will the phone remain unlocked. Using 2G iphone.
Yes the phone will remain unlocked, youll just need to jailbreak it with the quickpwn gui process.

Like i said above if you get an error trying the standard way of updating to 2.0.2 try what I posted..
The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:
breitlinglvr (08-21-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballguy743 View Post
i dont know what you mean by that edit, i loaded 2.0.2 into quickpwn and it worked just fine, my itouch is on 2.0.2, jailbroken and cydia and installer. im now syncing all my apps/music back onto it, and everythings fine

My quickpwn wouldnt start the process with the 2.0.2 file opened through it. I had to use the 2.0.1 firmware file to get it to go, even though its running on 2.0.2 the instructions also stated to do this, (yes when it was discussing using quickpwn on 2.0.2) This might also have to do with the fact you have an ipod touch and I have an iphone.

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-21-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:52 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2g 2.0.2/2.0.1 3G
Operating System: Windows Vista

Thanx alot just upgraded
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
Yes the phone will remain unlocked, youll just need to jailbreak it with the quickpwn gui process.

Like i said above if you get an error trying the standard way of updating to 2.0.2 try what I posted..
Thanks Muggz! I'm going in!!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1G & 3G iPhone 2.0.2 Jailbroken
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4, Windows XP, Ubuntu

Is the installer still in beta or full version??
Old 08-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Green Apple

I already upgraded using the 2.01 trick earlier this week, I just don't have the installer beta, which isnt important since there isnt anything good on installer right now. I just want some custom boot logos but oh well. I guess we will be seeing FW 2.03 next week lol

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News