HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windows Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to Windows should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 02:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.4 (4A102)
Operating System: vista

I have a question and im sure its a dumb one but i am very new to my wonderful iphone and i cant seem to find the terminal screen how do I pull that up. Thanks for all your help i love these forums you guys really know your stuff thanks Jay
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:22 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 16 gb IPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRuP View Post
I have a question and im sure its a dumb one but i am very new to my wonderful iphone and i cant seem to find the terminal screen how do I pull that up. Thanks for all your help i love these forums you guys really know your stuff thanks Jay
Press Ctrl + T or Commands --> Open Terminal

Please make sure to use the search button, this is explained on the first post of this thread.

Most answers can be solved in seconds via a quick search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ski4 View Post
copy and paste commands not working.
WHat do you mean copy and paste commands arent working?

are you getting an error? can you please explain more in detail what the issue is, thanks.

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-24-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-24-2008, 03:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4

Ok guys...I need some help and this seems like 'the' customize thread so I thought I'd ask here. Just to be clear, I've searched & read and haven't found an answer so don't treat me like a noob!

I got my iPhone 8gb yesterday from Apple. I took it out of the box, upgraded to 1.1.4, jailbroke using iLiberty & then activated through iTunes (had to sign up for an AT&T contract)

Everything went perfect. I installed the youtube fix and downgraded my bootloader as well.

I tried using summerboard but none of the themes would work. I grabbed Customize since I wanted that more than SB anyways. I can get application icons to work, I did get a superman carrier logo to work but other stuff won't. I simply cannot get any freaking wallpapers to work besides the presets on the phone. Also when I download themes not everything seems to show up. I downloaded the "Super iPhone" theme for the carrier image 'HackT&T' and can't use it

Thanks for your help guys. I may try a restore/re-jailbreak this time using ZiPhone since it seems like people have less trouble with ZiPhone jailbreaks and apps.

Once again, THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
Ok guys...I need some help and this seems like 'the' customize thread so I thought I'd ask here. Just to be clear, I've searched & read and haven't found an answer so don't treat me like a noob!

I got my iPhone 8gb yesterday from Apple. I took it out of the box, upgraded to 1.1.4, jailbroke using iLiberty & then activated through iTunes (had to sign up for an AT&T contract)

Everything went perfect. I installed the youtube fix and downgraded my bootloader as well.

I tried using summerboard but none of the themes would work. I grabbed Customize since I wanted that more than SB anyways. I can get application icons to work, I did get a superman carrier logo to work but other stuff won't. I simply cannot get any freaking wallpapers to work besides the presets on the phone. Also when I download themes not everything seems to show up. I downloaded the "Super iPhone" theme for the carrier image 'HackT&T' and can't use it

Thanks for your help guys. I may try a restore/re-jailbreak this time using ZiPhone since it seems like people have less trouble with ZiPhone jailbreaks and apps.

Once again, THANK YOU!!!!!
So this is customize version 1.21 that this thread discusses installing. This program was written for previous firmware versions so not everything is completely compatible, but most stuff is. There is a customize version 2.0beta out right now, but you have to give your serial number in order to register and get it, which alot of people dont really want to do.

Carrier image is one thing that 1.21 doesnt change. But you can manually put it in the folder via ssh and it will work.
/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ ATT_US.bundle and then name the hackt&t file as FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and Default_CARRIER_ATT.png. once you have done this restart or respring your phone and your carrier logo will be changed.

Once you installed summerboard version 3.2 (via installer i assume) make sure that you turn your phone off and then back on. That should fix that issue. From there you can manually add themes to your phone via ssh. I dont remember exactly where the themes are store, a search should solve that one for you.

I went ahead and looked up the locations
/private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes

Open Summerboard and go to the very bottom and see what it says. It should say "SummerBoard 3.2 (Active)" if it says inactive try rebooting your phone again.

Dont worry about rejailbreaking your phone, it shouldnt have any effect. Just have some patience and keep asking questions, its a learning process.

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-24-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I did exactly as you wrote about the commands i did not write it manually but i copied it from here and pasted it in the terminal window but it returned with return code 1 error. One more thing as you have suggested about selecting the wi-fi IP Add the IP add in the Iphone is different than the router IP address that is that they are both different. When I select the IP address and login to WINSCP it does log in but when i select the router IP it does not authenticate.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvbisani View Post
I did exactly as you wrote about the commands i did not write it manually but i copied it from here and pasted it in the terminal window but it returned with return code 1 error. One more thing as you have suggested about selecting the wi-fi IP Add the IP add in the Iphone is different than the router IP address that is that they are both different. When I select the IP address and login to WINSCP it does log in but when i select the router IP it does not authenticate.
If your not logged in via a ssh connection of course yourgoing to get errors, if it even lets you do anything.

to get your ip address from your iphone click settings ==> wifi ==> then click the arrow pointing right next to your wifi network and the first line is IP address. That is the one youll enter in on winscp and you use root/alpine as your login and password. I think i put a screen shot of how the settings should look earlier in this post. Look at that and make sure yours are set correctly.

You may want to go and look up how to set up winscp and how to ssh your phone. I dont have the link to the thread, but you should probably start by getting that all set up first. Then moving onto this. just use the search button, it probably is even a wiki up in the guides link at the top of the page.

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-25-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi there u are not getting my point i have installed WINSCP and copied the customize folder as u directed by logging in via the correct IP address as u have indicated above but still am getting the same error.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4 and iPod Touch 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows Vista

I'm having the same problem. I have un-installed and installed the hacked version of customize like 10 times and rebooted my phone and ran all the commands. But the thing is I still don't have the private/var/root/library/customize folder thing. Any ideas on how i should do it? cause i'm getting kinda frustrated...
Old 04-25-2008, 03:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4

thanks KC. I got most everything I wanted working now. I just need to do some custom signal bars and a custom keyboard now and I should be all set! I love this site!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
thanks KC. I got most everything I wanted working now. I just need to do some custom signal bars and a custom keyboard now and I should be all set! I love this site!
Glad it worked, keyboards however are not changeable via customize, you have to go in and put the new .artwork file into the proper folder.

Within each .artwork file there is hundreds of different files.

There should be some custom signal bars in the downloads section at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvbisani View Post
Hi there u are not getting my point i have installed WINSCP and copied the customize folder as u directed by logging in via the correct IP address as u have indicated above but still am getting the same error.
I have done this exact same method on about 7 iphones so far and have not come across any issues or problems on any of the iphones I have personally done.

I would suggest, restoring your phone and rejailbreaking it. It will take like 5 minutes. Then start at step 1.

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-25-2008 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone

I got customize working on my iPhone but how come I don't see a folder in cuteftp? every place says its /private/var/root/Library/Customize but I don't see customize in /private/var/root/Library
Digg
Old 05-01-2008, 06:12 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone - 1.1.4

Hope you can help me, followed your steps and no errors at all, terminal ran and it installed fine, however I can only get as far as the SpicyChicken splash screen then it crashes out to Springboard.... Tried Customize 2.0 with exactly the same results...
On 1.1.4 unlocked activated and jailbroken with iLiberty+...

Ok update... If I ssh into my Phone from Terminal and run Customize it works, but not from SPringboard.....?

Last edited by PhilStone : 05-01-2008 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-01-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilStone View Post
Hope you can help me, followed your steps and no errors at all, terminal ran and it installed fine, however I can only get as far as the SpicyChicken splash screen then it crashes out to Springboard.... Tried Customize 2.0 with exactly the same results...
On 1.1.4 unlocked activated and jailbroken with iLiberty+...

Ok update... If I ssh into my Phone from Terminal and run Customize it works, but not from SPringboard.....?
glad you got it straighted out. Glad it worked for you.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.4
Operating System: MAC OS X 10.5 // Windows XP

Worked after 10 different tutorials. Pretty decent. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: 1 iPhone(8GB,1.1.4 FW),1 iPod Touch (16GB 1.1.4 firmware)
Operating System: MacOsx (Leopard)
Send a message via Yahoo to Apple iPie

anyways,nice guide though.......

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion