HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Windows Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to Windows should be posted here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 16 gb IPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad2049 View Post
Worked perfectly on both my iPhones. I'm now able to add my own images in to replace the lousy ones available for download.... plus the wifey can now get off my back about her custom theme.
your welcome

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:
Smallz (04-23-2008)
Old 04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I keep having a problem with the option for changing the battery icon not showing up at all in the customize on my ipod. All the other options are showing up just not the one to change the battery. Have any ideas on whats going?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

For me changing of the carrier image just doesn't work.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
I keep having a problem with the option for changing the battery icon not showing up at all in the customize on my ipod. All the other options are showing up just not the one to change the battery. Have any ideas on whats going?
which version of customize are you using? and which battery icon are you trying to change? the recharging battery icon or the on at the top right that is green?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiZzLe View Post
For me changing of the carrier image just doesn't work.
which version of customize are you using? This version doesnt support the custom carrier logo.

/system/Library/carrier bundles and then just put the 2 files FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and Default_CARRIER_ATT.png (if your on att for example) into the folder which they belong.

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

Smallz (04-23-2008)
Old 04-23-2008, 01:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I am using version 1.21 and it is the recharging battery that isn't showing up on the customize menu when i open up customize on my ipod. Its like it doesn't exist. Oh and my ipod is 1.1.4
Old 04-23-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I am using version 1.21 and it is the recharging battery that isn't showing up on the customize menu when i open up customize on my ipod. Its like it doesn't exist. Oh and my ipod is 1.1.4
ssh the files into your phone. It goes into

/private/var/root/library/customize/batteryImages/
Then put all the pictures into a folder and put the whole folder into this location.

This link has a charging battery image set i like alot. Its on my post and called liquid.rar.

Remember you have to respring or reboot your phone for the images to take effect. If you just go back to the lockscreen it wont work.

downloaded sphere battery image wont work

Smallz (04-23-2008)
Old 04-23-2008, 02:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Ok I tried that and after when I went on my ipod (just the ipod not ssh) to switch the battery recharge image there was still no option in customize to even customize the battery recharge icon. I cant even choose the original battery because there is no option for battery recharge icon on the list of icons you can change(like when it lists carrier image, wifi image, bars image ect. there isnt one for battery image). Also I want ot tank you for taking your time to help me.

Last edited by Smallz : 04-23-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Ok I tried that and after when I went on my ipod (just the ipod not ssh) to switch the battery recharge image there was still no option in customize to even customize the battery recharge icon. I cant even choose the original battery because there is no option for battery recharge icon on the list of icons you can change(like when it lists carrier image, wifi image, bars image ect. there isnt one for battery image). Also I want ot tank you for taking your time to help me.
So, your phone is being a pain eh?

Lets see if we can manually do this. Download the liquid.rar file i posted a couple posts back in this thread. The file names are all correct, so you just have to copy and paste the new images in.

SSH into your phone.

Go to directory, /System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app

Copy BatteryBG_1.png through BatteryBG_17.png to your computer as a backup of the original images.

now replace BatteryBG_1.png through BatteryBG_17.png with your images (or the ones from liquid.rar file, you have to extract them first)

After that restart your phone and plug it in to see if the changes have taken place.

This is the location that the iPhone actually accesses the battery charging image. So this will work.

-Casey

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-23-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Smallz (04-23-2008)
Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Well this is kinda blurry but it shows what I'm talking about when I say the battery option isn't showing up. As you can see in the picture, the option to change battery icon isn't even there.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Well this is kinda blurry but it shows what I'm talking about when I say the battery option isn't showing up. As you can see in the picture, the option to change battery icon isn't even there.
As I said in my previous post, ssh into your phone and put it into the actual directory that is accessed. That will make it work.

This is bypassing customize altogether.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I got it to work finally. Thank you so much ^.^ I just have one more small question if you don't mind. How do .rar downloads work, like when I download something for the battery icon I get a .rar file, how to I use it to change the battery icon?

Last edited by Smallz : 04-23-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
I got it to work finally. Thank you so much ^.^ I just have one more small question if you don't mind. How do .rar downloads work, like when I download something for the battery icon I get a .rar file, how to I use it to change the battery icon?
a .rar file is a compressed file. You would use winrar to uncompress it. A .rar is basically a zipped file. except rar files typically are compressed to a smaller file than a zip.

you can use winrar to unzip a .zip or a .rar, so i only have winrar on my pc.

With the liquid.rar file that i posted there is a folder with 18 image (.png) files inside.

Like I said, it just does a great job at compressing the file to a smaller size.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:42 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Hi, I have followed you exactly as you have shown on how to install customize on my 1.1.4 frimware 8 GB iphone, but while in the terminal window carrying out the first chmod command i get an error 1. Don't know what that is , please help.

Last edited by uvbisani : 04-24-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvbisani View Post
Hi, I have followed you exactly as you have shown on how to install customize on my 1.1.4 frimware 8 GB iphone, but while in the terminal window carrying out the first chmod command i get an error 1. Don't know what that is , please help.
did you type it exactly as I wrote it, i believe it is case sensitive. I would just copy and paste the commands there. Also make sure that the file is in the correct directory.

Last edited by kcisjojo : 04-24-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

copy and paste commands not working.

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > Windows Specific Modding Discussion