HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Green Apple

HI i had the same problem with installing swapitunes downloaded ok but when i load it it keeps going back to icons page ? not sure if this is a problem as im on 1.1.2 ?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I installed this and now my installer.app crashes when i open it (it goes back to home screen). :S how do i fix this???
Old 02-01-2008, 04:10 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Doesnt work with 1.1.2 jailbreaker

@ cbrown87
go to http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and clikc the big link at the top that says "i just got an iPhone...where do i start". it will get u to where u need to go

@ bosco0633, jltdhome
i tried twice using the 1.1.2 jailbreaker and it definelty doesnt work. u have to manually install BSD subsystems and then Oktoprep in order to be able to jailbreak on 1.1.2
Old 02-01-2008, 04:16 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

where can i get both of those files so i can install manually im having the same prob right now
Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by umlautumlaut View Post
@ cbrown87
go to http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and clikc the big link at the top that says "i just got an iPhone...where do i start". it will get u to where u need to go

@ bosco0633, jltdhome
i tried twice using the 1.1.2 jailbreaker and it definelty doesnt work. u have to manually install BSD subsystems and then Oktoprep in order to be able to jailbreak on 1.1.2
it looks like the new appsnap has some issues......there is a jailbreakme.com clone @ i.unlock.no
this does not automatically install oktoprep, so use this one instead if you need to jailbreak 1.1.1......

good luck~!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows XP
Send a message via AIM to jltdhome

Sorry for reposting... i hit refresh on accident. Thanks for the update.

Last edited by jltdhome : 02-01-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

perhaps the oktoprep will only work properly if you install BSD subsystems before attempting to continue with updating to 1.1.2

dont have time to verify right now, but i would try that if i was attempting this.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Grr

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidis View Post
perhaps the oktoprep will only work properly if you install BSD subsystems before attempting to continue with updating to 1.1.2

dont have time to verify right now, but i would try that if i was attempting this.
Incorrect. You do NOT need bsd on a 111 jailbroken phone to oktoprep and go to 112. I know this for a FACT, I've done this 40 times at least.

As far as this new improved jailbreakme.com it does NOT install oktoprep. I do not know why they are advertising this feature when it clearly is not there. Many people are wasting lots of time having to downgrade back to 111 to do this the original way.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

yeah, i can also say that it did not install oktoprep and also the community sources that it advertised. I tried it about a twice before i just decided to install the oktoprep by myself. It would have been nice if it worked, but just small inconvenience.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydatsmyrice View Post
yeah, i can also say that it did not install oktoprep and also the community sources that it advertised. I tried it about a twice before i just decided to install the oktoprep by myself. It would have been nice if it worked, but just small inconvenience.
did you install it manually or install it through installer?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:42 PM
What's Jailbreak?

1.1.2 Jailbreaker?

Okay, so I've seen quite a few of you reference a "1.1.2 Jailbreaker" or something similar. Am I missing something? I've seen the guide here for jailbreaking 1.1.2 and it's a 2-3 page guide with lots of steps, use of outside programs like iNdependence, etc. You guys make it sound like there's an easy 1.1.2 jailbreak out there like there is for 1.1.1 and 1.1.3. If so, please point me in the right direction!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:46 PM
What's Jailbreak?

pf u mean i can upgrade 1.1.1 at&t iphone to 1.1.2 just one press of the button.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I Own This Place

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.4 | Unlocked
Operating System: OS X Leopard 10.5.2
Thanked 1,146 Times in 605 Posts

No. It was an update to AppSnapp, which allows you to jailbreak 1.1.1. Nothing more, nothing less.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A B A [select] [start]
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Yeah I restored to 1.1.1 and when I installed AppSnapp it did say it installed OktoPrep but when I update to 1.1.2 and try to use the Jailbreak program it says I needed to download OktoPrep, is there possibly a separate source I can get OktoPrep from when I'm on 1.1.1?
Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Green Apple

Send a message via AIM to footballfanatic28

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauriel View Post
Okay, so I've seen quite a few of you reference a "1.1.2 Jailbreaker" or something similar. Am I missing something? I've seen the guide here for jailbreaking 1.1.2 and it's a 2-3 page guide with lots of steps, use of outside programs like iNdependence, etc. You guys make it sound like there's an easy 1.1.2 jailbreak out there like there is for 1.1.1 and 1.1.3. If so, please point me in the right direction!
http://modmyifone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27454

check there. there is a package that is called 1.1.2 jailbreak package, dl that and u can follow the directions on that page too to help u jailbreak to 1.1.3 if u r on AT&T

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News