HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 13,530 Times in 297 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3
TextGuru - Text Editing, File Sharing, Copy/Paste and More on the iPhone [sneak peak]

We're jumping the gun a little bit with this post since TextGuru is currently waiting for approval from Apple before it hits the AppStore but this is just too cool and we are unable to deny you a sneak peak. The iPhone sadly is missing any kind of decent text editor but TextGuru should solve that issue while throwing in some other pretty awesome features.

UPDATE: The app is now available via the AppStore, at the cool price of $4.99. Grab it!

File sharing
Use TextGuru File Server on OS X to open up a server where you can get files to your device. TextGuru has a built in server so you can retrieve files from the device using your web browser.

Supported file types
Supported files include TXT, HTML, PNG, H, M, C, JS, PDF, and TIFF files. microsoft office doc support is being implemented, as is syntax highlighting. It also supports viewing of binary files in raw hex and ascii text.

Copy/Paste
TextGuru supports a number of text editing features, one of which is copy and paste. Copy and paste works easily and obviously can be used between documents but not between applications, although they are considering joining up with OpenClip if it isn't doomed.

Document Search
TextGuru supports a full document search, so you can search all of your documents for a certain phrase that may be within the document or in the title. Check out the sexy highlighting method in the screenies.

Text Formatting
Settings allow you to change the font and font size, bg color, and enable the server. however, it is NOT a rich text editor, more of a text utility.

Simple Sharing
TextGuru has integration with pastie.org and sprunge, and you can send via email (through mail.app). You can also download new files from pastie right from the app as long as you have the 6digit pastie ID (like http://pastie.org/259251).

Web Dev
TextGuru has a full web preview for HTML and PHP files and the like. You can save in multiple formats and delete files.

Easy Sharing With Your Mac
TestGuru can also be partnered with their Mac client allowing for simple file transfer between your computer and your iPhone.

Here at MMi we are excited to see this hit the appstore and eagerly await its approval.
Attached Thumbnails

Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cash7c3 For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 3G-16GB/Black iPhone
Operating System: Vista

Looks nice! Let's see if it gets approved!!

Later,
RaMod

New 3G - 16GB/Black iPhone
(On 2.0.1 FW!! AT&T Customer - Jailbreaked and Activated, Cydia and Installer 4! )

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=
The Following User Says Thank You to RaMod For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.2 QuickPwned
Operating System: XP and Vista

Look pretty cool but no file sharing between Windows
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 05:53 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista

looks like a load of ****! (my opinion in terms of copy paste) all we need apple to do is add a simple 'copy button' in all text-type-apps

press the button and select the text you want (1 finger on the screen and drag) and its copied! simple.

Last edited by Dingle777; 08-25-2008 at 05:58 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dingle777 For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008), kuhndsn (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 06:06 AM

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G
Operating System: Windows XP

apple can't just add a copy and paste button. They would have to re-write all the apps to work with copy and paste. It's not as easy as people think it is, if it was then these people on this app would just ad copy and paste to the settings menu and be done. What can happen is from here out the developers of these apps and apps to come can work together to implement copy and paste to work with and between there apps. Just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 07:19 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8G 1.1.4 JB
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2, XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingle777 View Post
looks like a load of ****! (my opinion in terms of copy paste) all we need apple to do is add a simple 'copy button' in all text-type-apps

press the button and select the text you want (1 finger on the screen and drag) and its copied! simple.
Cool! We'll be waiting for your solution!
dale1v (08-25-2008), integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 16gig 3G 2.0.1
Operating System: OS X & XP
Send a message via AIM to andypropaganda

once they get office implemented I will be psyched. That way I can write papers and such when I don't have access to my laptop.

I really wish that there would be a cross app copy and paste though from someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to andypropaganda For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 AM
What's Jailbreak?

This looks pretty cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to bugz For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Green Apple

Quote:

WOW Finally! A genious that knows how coding works and its intricates with other programs... Copy button would be great... So when are you going to write the code???? What your Not? Thats what I figured....

Look I know my reply to yours is a bit rude but before you post consider others! Your post was not only rude but also very degenerate.

-----------------------
Looks like a good solution cant wait to see it. I hope when its released that perhaps Win support will be included to future updates...

D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G, 2.0.1 pwn
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4, Windows XP, Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Nubuntu
Send a message via AIM to WillyDavidK Send a message via Skype? to WillyDavidK

Quote:

Your post is just plain ignorant and insulting. It is obvious that you have not followed ANY of the news even within the past 2 days regarding this topic, and have put little or no thought into the development implications behind this kind of feature. It's not like you can just add a graphic into the gui and it magically becomes a working feature. And it's not like a program can just throw any information into an arbitrary variable or memory space either, because only one application can be running at a time, and the iPhone software is very strict when it comes to memory management. Every program has autorelease pools surrounding it's code, so the only way to retain data is to write it into a file within the program's own sandbox. This is what the openclip project was going to be based on, but it looks like apple has killed that dream as well.

Let us know when you get this working, thx.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 16B (Metallic Red)
Operating System: Mac OS X 2.8GHz Intel
Send a message via AIM to Carlos

Sorry to say but i agree with Dingle777, apple needs to make a copy and paste button, and not being ignorant to the fact that its not easy i know its not, but i look at it like this is a multi millionn dollar company they should have the funds and resources to do so...they make millions and if they came up with all these other apps and programs i feel they should set aside the time to figure out copy and paste and mms for all that matter, i mean i dont know about you but im forking out $100 plus dollars a month which apple gets a cut of.....

Im with you Dingle777, sorry if i affended anyone

Graphic Designer: Need Custom Graphics??
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 16gb + 2.0.2 Jailbroken
Operating System: OSX Leopard 10.5.4

Quote:

You obviously know nothing about programming. Someone once told me some advice that I will pass onto you........"If you do not know what you are talking about, simply say nothing and listen".

Press the "Thanks" button if I helped you...or you are the guy in the red shirt
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by mtwiford; 08-25-2008 at 02:22 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008), WillyDavidK (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 13,530 Times in 297 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Sorry to say but i agree with Dingle777, apple needs to make a copy and paste button, and not being ignorant to the fact that its not easy i know its not, but i look at it like this is a multi millionn dollar company they should have the funds and resources to do so...they make millions and if they came up with all these other apps and programs i feel they should set aside the time to figure out copy and paste and mms for all that matter, i mean i dont know about you but im forking out $100 plus dollars a month which apple gets a cut of.....

Im with you Dingle777, sorry if i affended anyone
Um, this is a thread about a third party app that does a whole lot more than copy paste. This thread has nothing to do with Apple's failure to have that as a feature. Stay on topic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cash7c3 For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008), kuhndsn (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 16B (Metallic Red)
Operating System: Mac OS X 2.8GHz Intel
Send a message via AIM to Carlos

I knew id touch a couple nerves, just speakin my mind.... ill stay on topic no prob......this app is nice though hopefully it gets approved if not im sure it will be a third party app...

Graphic Designer: Need Custom Graphics??
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G, 2.0.1 pwn
Operating System: OS X 10.5.4, Windows XP, Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Nubuntu
Send a message via AIM to WillyDavidK Send a message via Skype? to WillyDavidK

it's really not that I don't agree with dingle about the need for C&P, I think pretty much everyone agrees on that - it's the fact that he undermines the entire development process with little to no thought about the implications behind what he is suggesting, and says it as if no one has ever thought of this concept before!

Altho in retrospect, I suppose it's possible he just posted that to push other user's buttons ... in which case he succeeded >_<

Anyways sorry about the OT mess, I'll be quiet now. As for the program, it looks even more useful than magic pad, and the idea of being able to share files between your computer and phone could be extremely useful. The html editor is a nice thing to see on the iPhone as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:
integra93_4 (08-25-2008)

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News