HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: 04.04.05_G
Operating System: Vista

correct, no custom boot logos within quickpwn. If you want custom you have to male them yourself. Oryou can find them online and replace to logo and recovery in quickpwn.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I got 2.0.2 but my phone isn't working, I could not make/receive any calls. Any ideas?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Developer

Device + Firmware: 16G Unlk MyFW
Operating System: LINPCMAC
Send a message via AIM to bklynjava Send a message via MSN to bklynjava Send a message via Yahoo to bklynjava

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealRitzcracker View Post
I'm perfectly fine with the custom firmware way.
I actually like being able to use your own boot logo.
Also the partition resizing is nice not really needed though.
I like having a nice clean fresh start with the restore.
Also I think it's very simple.

I've used QuickPWN and it works.

But I don't think it has custom boot logo's right?
The boot logo's have to be replaced manually.

I see some enhancements need to be added to this GUI.

The boot and recovery logos and some other enhancements would make it better.

Maybe Something like this:

Last edited by bklynjava; 08-20-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Please read! I have a problem with my iphone after using quickpwn, I have googled it and searched every forum in 3 days now, but no one seems to have an answer at all to it

My iphone is an 2G Version, I had an Jailbroken 1.1.4 version (ziphone jailbroken one). I upgraded my phone using Itunes to 2.1, and jaibroked it using quickpwn. Everything worked great, but my carrier signal was gone + i could not copy contacts from sim. Ive tried to do this several times, but ends up with the same problem. I am from norway, my carrier is netcom. I really hope someone have a solution for me so i can start using my phone again
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 pwnd (1.0.2 OTB)
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djck View Post
Please read! I have a problem with my iphone after using quickpwn, I have googled it and searched every forum in 3 days now, but no one seems to have an answer at all to it

My iphone is an 2G Version, I had an Jailbroken 1.1.4 version (ziphone jailbroken one). I upgraded my phone using Itunes to 2.1, and jaibroked it using quickpwn. Everything worked great, but my carrier signal was gone + i could not copy contacts from sim. Ive tried to do this several times, but ends up with the same problem. I am from norway, my carrier is netcom. I really hope someone have a solution for me so i can start using my phone again
Did you read my reply to you at all? You have to do a DFU restore of a winpwn'd firmware. Download, 2.0.1 firmware, download winpwn follow the instructions. If that doesn't work then follow any guide for revirginizing your firmware. You have to remove the ziphone modifications to the baseband BEFORE running pwn.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod touch 1.1.4
Operating System: windows xp

okay honestly I've looked high and low. I have a iPod touch, and it's on firmware 2.0.1 and I want to jailbreak it. I havethe ipsw and quickpwn GUI, I'm using a pc. When it says to put my iPod in dfu mode, I start the process. And it does not go into dfu mode for crap. My iPod just turns on like regularly, and my computer recognizes it, but quickpwn closes the little black screen on my computer and I have to start over. I have beendoing this repeatedly for 2 hours. All I want is to finish the process!!!! Help?
Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 2.01 unlocked waiting for winpwn
Send a message via AIM to jasonm253

bobbymarc ur not putting it in DFU the right way..follow the instructions on the black screen correctly to put it in DFU. That is one of everyone's biggest problems now....they changed the way to put ur phone into DFU mode now. Like i said follow the instructions on the black screen thru quickpwn
Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod touch 1.1.4
Operating System: windows xp

that's the thing I was following the instructions for the first twenty tries. Then I looked arroind for other ways nothing. Maybe if I update to 2.0.2 then jailbreak with quickpwn with 2.0.1 ipsw. But I'll give it another try. Thanks jasonm253
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

okay man i am so confused right now. I currently have a unlocked iphone first gen unlocked with iliberty and i have so many stories on how to use winpwn but i dont know which to believe. Can someone give me a straight forward guide to upgrade to which firmware i can have unlocked but still have app store and cydia and stuff.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 pwnd (1.0.2 OTB)
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1r View Post
okay man i am so confused right now. I currently have a unlocked iphone first gen unlocked with iliberty and i have so many stories on how to use winpwn but i dont know which to believe. Can someone give me a straight forward guide to upgrade to which firmware i can have unlocked but still have app store and cydia and stuff.
#*!% just read the first post!

Last edited by imode; 08-21-2008 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 AM
What's Jailbreak?

but can 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 be unlocked?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:10 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB White 3G 1.2 (2.0.1.) WINPWND
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

I'm in no way a noob to hacking the iPhone in any way, just a noob to this site. But my solution for ALL of you having problems is to stay on 2.0.1 till they officialy confirm jailbreaking 2.0.2 since how it's being done now will prob cause problems in future and just use winpawn for 2.0.1 to do everything since the layout is much more noob friendly with a quick YouTube video to follow directions from a 12 year old kid who knows more than some of you and this forum will stay free of the same $@!* questions and we all can have less headaches than reading 12 pages of bs when instead the same question is ask 5000000 times and already answered but was skipped up and asked again!!!!!! Please do this and we all can have a much better week since it's only been taking a couple days for the Dev Team to update for new firmwares!!! Please be more patient since I know over half of you had your mom and dad by the d@*# phone in the first place!! Sorry to all offended(kinda) but I feel much better getting that out into the air

Last edited by RByers; 08-21-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:24 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Ipod Touch + 2.0
Operating System: Mac OS X

Just wondering.. has a mac version of Quickpwn been released yet?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain View Post
Just wondering.. has a mac version of Quickpwn been released yet?
No. Haven`t seen anything about it in the Web or specially on Dev Teams Page.

I successfully jailbreaked my 3G (2.0.2) with the Windowsversion... Everything is running fine
Old 08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Green Apple

I got QuickPwn to work..... but will say that the DFU instructions are not what they are cracked up to be. When you get to the "Release the Power Button and Hold the Home button for 30 seconds" step, it counts off about 7 seconds and then starts to update. But never gets to the 0 second. And is confusing on when you should release the home key... Do you release when it starts to update? will it ever show you the rest of the count down? or truley after 30 seconds?

I too had issues with getting all of the QuickPwn software to load. It took several times with the "hold Home" only step to get it right. Finally, I got Cydia to install after several repeated trys. So, in summary, it does work just as the first post's instructions states. But the final "30 second" count down step may need some clarification.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News