HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 07:19 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0.1
Operating System: xp and vista ultimate
Send a message via MSN to VIXITOZ

USE QUICKPWN last version can find it here in downloads section...when doing it..remove the xsim...only put inside your sim witout nothing else...wait until the complete process is done WITHOUT HURRY...DONT GET EXITED !! WAIT...after it finish you close the program quickpwn and open ITUNES or wait if itunes opens alone..and IPHONE WILL be recognized..AGAIN WAIT..until it does the whole job...it will recognize and goes inside iphone until all items appear in iphone...my recommends...DONT DO IT HURRY...do it Slowly...they ill preciate that...iphone love us to do it slowly. LOL ! after alll...this ...then you can put your XSIM whatever brand is...and again WAIT..first no service and after a while TATAaaaaaaa ! iphone got an orgasm....well...iphone or you but one of both will... have nice day

I am one of the guys testing Ismart sim and they do stop working after few hours or days...some mods...or changes i have made and got better results...like activating 3 g...and writting my network APN..and some things like that...but anyway it has lost signal..tested on several iphones..i got more than 15 units on my hand all same behavior WITH THIS XSIM...maybe there is another that works better...i want to test UNIVERSAL XSIM but must wait...too much money spend lately on this....s....i am getting tired.

Last edited by VIXITOZ; 08-30-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 AM
What's Jailbreak?

so x-sim or I-sim is no go right?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Xsim or Isimsmart DONT GO...

Both dont go...i mean they work but for short periods...(my personal experience) maybe someone has make them work right..but not me..tested on 12 iphone 3g phones diferent imeis...so i am sure is not phone problem...or may be it is a software problem
Old 09-01-2008, 02:01 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G White 2.0 & iPhone 1st Gen 1.1.4 T-Mobile USA
Operating System: Windows XP & Mac OS 10.5

I bought the i-smartphone 2008 from brando's website for $20.50 + $3.00 shipping & it took like 11 Days for me to get it, but it worked except for edge............... I google arround and found nothing. So I played around with with the settings and I discovered a fix.

First make sure the sim adapter is installed properly. Once you have done that disable the 3G and let the phone recognize the sim card with the adapter installed as soon as you see the carrier name appear go to settings/general/reset and rest the network setting. You will now see the Edge symbol.

That's All You Have To Do!
I Have T-Mobile USA (internet2.voicestream.com)Make sure you check your APN settings
Note: I noticed that after reseting the network settings the sim adapter turned off the 3G automatically, forced selected T-Mobile as my carrier and turned on data roaming.

Last edited by bamgates; 09-01-2008 at 03:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamgates For This Useful Post:
VIXITOZ (09-01-2008)
Old 09-01-2008, 07:43 AM
What's Jailbreak?

OOOps..DID NOT WORK FOR ME...i tryed to place manully the apn...and not even like this ...well...if i discover something i will let you know..ANYWAY THANK YOU...for Sharing us your experience...i did not knew we have a RESET BUTTON on iphone ..LOL...and almost 20 iphones 3G have passed thru my hands LOL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIXITOZ View Post
OOOps..DID NOT WORK FOR ME...i tryed to place manully the apn...and not even like this ...well...if i discover something i will let you know..ANYWAY THANK YOU...for Sharing us your experience...i did not knew we have a RESET BUTTON on iphone ..LOL...and almost 20 iphones 3G have passed thru my hands LOL....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 15 minutes later....

WEL WEL WELL... VERY FUNNY DISCOVER...after a while i saw...the APN i wrote was erased and something like YESINTERNET is there instead of the sentece i wrote--- APN: internet.movistar.ve IT IS ERASED AND APPEARS APN: yesinternet YESINTERNET ¿?¿ WHO KNOWS WHAT IS THIS ¿? LOL...

OH MY GOD ! I am getting a little bit crazy with this ...jejeje

Last edited by VIXITOZ; 09-01-2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 3g 2.0.2 jailbroken
Operating System: mac os x 10.5.4

Hi,

I had one period on Sunday morning with no signal but it I took sim card out, put it in another phone, then it worked. It has worked fine since but I have only been using it for 4 days so cant swear to it being reliable in the long run.

Calls / SMS / 3G and GPS all working exactly as I would have expected.

You can buy directly from ANYNETWORK.COM, LLC - £30.

I would guess 3g will be fine for you with T-Mobile but maybe you can see something on their site. Have fun !
Old 09-02-2008, 02:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Well i'm gonna bite the bullet and get the universal-sim.. so i'll let you guys know what happens.. i'll be using it on Tmo USA
Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
What's Jailbreak?

my two cents on the turbo sim for Tmobile U.S.A ... When it work it work fine with edge and everything but only locally. When I roam out of my area code it get no service and when it get no service it is very hard to get it back. Take it out put it back reset the phone then it will work... It like i am at the mercy of it... Really annoying... Is there anyway to update the firmware for the turbo sim? Dev team need to hurry with that unlock... Shiat... I will paid for that software... if I have to because this adapter thing is not worrking or worth it...
Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Green Apple

I have been using a universal-sim for about a week now and it works fine.

iPhone 3G US AT&T phone on T-Mobile FW 2.0.2 BB 02.08.01 universal sim v5.0 but I think theres a new version out that works better.
Calls in/out= working
Data= working (T-Zones hack
Caller ID= working
GPS= working

Only thing that sucks is when I loss a signal I have to restart the phone to get it back. But I rarely loss signal. I have traveled to three states testing it the whole way and it worked like a charm.

The only time I loss a signal is when I'm at work in some parts of the building or at a friends house in new jersey where nothing works.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:49 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Latest version of Universal-Sim installed and is working great! I'm on Tmo USA also and i've got edge, in/out going calls working, voicemail, maps, app store and cydia all working just fine..
Old 09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I have the turbo sim. But dont see the EDGE

I have an iPhone 3g with At&t and I bought the the turbo sim. I tried it with a TMobile sim and it worked. I could make calls and recieve but .. i wasnt able to get the edge. If i tried to launch safari, it used to say could not connect to the internet. Is there any setting changes i need to make ?????????
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Unlocked iPhone 2.0.1 on T-mobile USA
Operating System: OSX

I have heard turboSIM has a new card out made especially for the 3G which has an update for the EGDE and signal loss. Has anyone used this? If so how does it work, how long did it take you to get it, and what cost? I have a 3G just sitting in the box waiting for Tmobile USA to be put in it

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation