HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > AT&T
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AT&T Discussion regarding AT&T specific topics.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi | Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 7/16/08

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | $199 3G iPhone Releasing July 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Iphone + Att prepaid, will this fly with apple as a legit activated ATT account

Curious If possible so i can get my phone serviced, having problems with the touch screen, apple refused to look at it without activated att account
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:21 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Thats not gonna work... its not legit and they dont make 20 dollars a month from att for you and they know it. They wont service it the way it is so use a friends iphone account and sim if possible.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

unfortunately i dont know anyone. So im out of options and so frustrated.
Im about to just open an ATT account, but worried about not getting my deposit back for two months.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 PM

Device + Firmware: 16gb iphone 1.1.3
Operating System: Macbook OS X 10.5

nevermind
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

hey there's a place here in Mississippi that will service a "non-service-agreement-unlocked" iphone,...pm me and i'll give you the info if you're interested.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Well, if you activated by failing the credit check (or entered your social security number fake), then you are fine. They will consider that a legit activated one.

But if you hacktivated it through other methods, sorry, they will NOT.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:01 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone + 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksong12 View Post
Well, if you activated by failing the credit check (or entered your social security number fake), then you are fine. They will consider that a legit activated one.

But if you hacktivated it through other methods, sorry, they will NOT.
I tried tonight but it seems that even a fake SSN leads you through the activation just fine... I didn't have the stomach to press the last confirmation button, so I don't know if at the last minute the process gets interrupted, but I can't get stuck in a 2 years contract just for that...

Suggestions?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:00 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I unplugged my Ethernet cable during the Itunes registration process. It allowed me to get the proper numbers assigned to the phone, pick a number etc. Then the last step when it would verify and start the account I unplugged the data cable. It wrote to the Iphone and then the install choked. Did what I wanted. My SIM was activated on another phone so I dropped it into the Iphone during install. Hope that helped.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I know it's been a few days, but I called Apple and they replaced (according to the warranty site) my iPhone. The rep said "it's an apple product, and even if you didn't activate it, we'll service it as long as you didn't modify the software"

AKA wipe it and you should be fine. The warranty on the Apple site says "warranty is not dependent on activation" and if they don't agree, shove that in their faces.

Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > AT&T