Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

No outgoing calls on roaming in India

• 08-24-2008 | 01:54 AM
  • tecorp Posts: 5
  • I have a 2g 8GB iphone running firmware 2.0.1 (using Win PWN 2.0.0.4) using IDEA Cellular as my operator. My problem is that i am able to make and receive calls in my home city - Hyderabad but while on roaming i am able to only answer calls and all outgoing calls give me a Call Failed message.

I used my SIM on a Samsung phone and it works fine (making and receiving calls on raoming). I also put an AirTel SIM and it works fine.

Kindly help!!
  • 08-24-2008 | 09:55 AM
  • harley099 Posts: 13
  • tecorp i was having same problem with Airtel,i was using Airtel in same phone in India with no problems but with roaming calls were fine coming in but out going would fail.I have learn that they have problems with there sim cards i have switch to Vodafone and all is OK Also the tower in Mumbia has burn down a while back so they are working that issue also.
    Hope this helps you
  • 08-25-2008 | 04:56 AM
  • tecorp Posts: 5
  • Quote de harley099
    tecorp i was having same problem with Airtel,i was using Airtel in same phone in India with no problems but with roaming calls were fine coming in but out going would fail.I have learn that they have problems with there sim cards i have switch to Vodafone and all is OK Also the tower in Mumbia has burn down a while back so they are working that issue also.
    Hope this helps you
    Thanks for the response.
    However, I am using an IDEA SIM and still have the Call Failed message for incoming calls. I am currently in Orissa. I do not know whether its a prob with carrier bundles.

Any help would be appreciated.
Return to Top