HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OS X Specific Modding Discussion Any modding questions which are specific to OS X should be posted here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS X
How to export pictures from address book to jpg?

Using the iPhone, you have two ways of assigning a picture to a contact:

1- take the picture using camera, then assign to contact
2- go to contacts, choose contact, add photo, take picture.

However, using option number 2, I can't find a way of getting those pictures as jpg. Once I sync my iPhone with my Mac address book, its really small and I can't view it as JPG. Anyway around this?

If I had chose number 1, I can export them to my computer and view them with iPhoto.... But I can't do that with number 2...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:18 AM

Device + Firmware: 3G iPhone, FW2.01
Operating System: OSX Leopard
Send a message via Yahoo to Eurisko

What I did on my computer was to create full screen jpg's of my contacts faces (480x320), sync them to the iPhone so they show up in Photos.app (use iPhoto or store them in a folder).

Once that's done, go into contacts, edit the contact photo and select "Choose Existing Photo" and select the appropriate one from your Photos library. Next time you sync, your new contacts, with full screen photos, will be copied back to the address book.

Once that's done, you can simply remove them from your iPhone Photo library.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS X
Nope...

Sorry but your message doesn't answer your message... I'm not trying to assign pictures to my contacts using my computer. I'm trying to extract pictures of my contacts to full JPG.

On your iphone, in edit contacts, you can add photo < take photo.

And this doesn't save it into your photos (which you can sync with iphoto), it just saves it into your contact...

HELP!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > Computer Modding Software > OS X Specific Modding Discussion

Tags
address book, iphone, jpg, mac, pictures