Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

3g 2.0 iPhone Unlocked via Sim Adapter

• 07-15-2008 | 02:46 PM
  • mtwiford Posts: 127
  • you can take an out of the box iphone, use the turbo sim and have a functional phone. Search the forums, there is plenty of info on it from the 1.1.2 unlock issue
  • 07-15-2008 | 02:55 PM
  • Rajputro Posts: 24
  • Quote de RanEnRui
    I've always wondered... how do I make my incoming calls like the phone on the right. Mine always show up like the one on the left.

If I'm not clear, here is what I mean. When I get an incoming call it shows it at the top, centered with large text either saying the number (if it's not a contact) or the contact's first/last name with their picture as the "wallpaper".

What I want is for it to show the name of the contact and the status under it, left aligned with the contact's picture on the right.

Here is what it shows on my phone: http://bp0.blogger.com/_8BqjQ3bBqfw/...20/trapped.jpg

And here is what I want: http://www.econectados.com/wp-conten...phone-call.png

Neither of these are from my phone, just grabbed from Google image search. Seriously though, the Apple commercials all show it like the way I want it but it has never given me an option or anything to do that, at least I haven't found it and I've looked so many times it's ridiculous. If you know how, pleaseee let me know, thanks!

Dude, the second pic is when you are on the phone with someone, you need call waiting service for that.
  • 07-15-2008 | 03:02 PM
  • paultart Posts: 20
  • I've always wondered... how do I make my incoming calls like the phone on the right. Mine always show up like the one on the left.

I wondered this a while ago, and then worked it out.

It depends if you have used a photo from those taken on your iPhone or whether you have sync'd a contact from your mac which has a picture saved with it.

Try it out.
  • 07-15-2008 | 03:14 PM
  • RealRitzcracker Posts: 47
  • Edit Poseidon: Off Topic

Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-15-2008 at 03:26 PM.
  • 07-15-2008 | 03:15 PM
  • joeyippel Posts: 10
  • Quote de paultart
    I've always wondered... how do I make my incoming calls like the phone on the right. Mine always show up like the one on the left.

It depends if you have used a photo from those taken on your iPhone or whether you have sync'd a contact from your mac which has a picture saved with it.

Try it out.
    totally true, some friends of mine that have a mac sync their contacts with the mac and then it shows up like that on your iPhone. Not sure about how to get it with Windows though, never really bothered me.
  • 07-15-2008 | 03:16 PM
  • ca.alvear Posts: 5
  • I really think that you have to activate it before using TurboSim, TurboSim just unlocked but it doesn't activate it, or I'm wrong?
  • 07-15-2008 | 04:11 PM
  • tattoojack's Avatar tattoojack Posts: 221
  • Quote de ca.alvear
    I really think that you have to activate it before using TurboSim, TurboSim just unlocked but it doesn't activate it, or I'm wrong?
    you are correct.
  • 07-15-2008 | 04:17 PM
  • marhai Posts: 2
  • Quote de RanEnRui

If I'm not clear, here is what I mean. When I get an incoming call it shows it at the top, centered with large text either saying the number (if it's not a contact) or the contact's first/last name with their picture as the "wallpaper".

What I want is for it to show the name of the contact and the status under it, left aligned with the contact's picture on the right.

Here is what it shows on my phone: http://bp0.blogger.com/_8BqjQ3bBqfw/...20/trapped.jpg

Neither of these are from my phone, just grabbed from Google image search. Seriously though, the Apple commercials all show it like the way I want it but it has never given me an option or anything to do that, at least I haven't found it and I've looked so many times it's ridiculous. If you know how, pleaseee let me know, thanks!
    In my experience, when I get and old picture from my contacts (from my computer, from old phones contact) the contact on my iphone shows the little picture on the top, but when I use a picture out of my iphone photo database than it shows the big one, got it?
  • 07-15-2008 | 04:25 PM
  • phifer8390 Posts: 62
  • Quote de Iphoneclueless
    Brazialns rule!
    I only wish the great "dev team" stopped making stupid videos and would tell us a release date.
    I think that everything the dev team does takes a great amount of skill... I know it takes alot more skill then most of the people on this forum have. But just to keep all you people posting "WHEN WILL THIS BE READY?" or like comments out of everyones threads I wish they would just say a date 2 weeks from now and just release it when they are darn good and ready!!
  • 07-15-2008 | 04:37 PM
  • Conundrum Posts: 19
  • Quote de paultart

Try it out.
    From my experience (PC), if the contact pictures are added via outlook and sync'ed you get the small pictures (right image). If you add the pictures to the contacts directly on the iphone then you get the background (large) picture. I'm not sure how this translates on a mac...but my guess would be if you add pictures in iCal or Entourage the same thing would happen.

Personally I like the larger ones...with the small ones I was straining to tell who it was in the pic so I always just read the name. With the large ones, I can tell before I even pick up the phone (granted, so can anyone else around me...lol)
  • 07-15-2008 | 04:44 PM
  • The Kirkster Posts: 3
  • Quote de RanEnRui

To get the small picture to show, you need to open the program where your contacts are saved, mine is in Microsoft outlook express. Double click on the specific contact, you see a window to enter info for new contact or existing contact. There is a box showing where you can put a pic for that contact. Place pic there, sync and voilla.
    Now whenever that contact calls, a small pic is seen in the top right hand corner.
  • 07-15-2008 | 08:04 PM
  • ca.alvear Posts: 5
  • how can I activate it? I got a TurboSim!
  • 07-15-2008 | 08:22 PM
  • Jasonator Posts: 44
  • I have 2 turbo sims from the 1.1.2 issue if anyone needs em....Im not upgrading to the 3G, so...PM me for details....
Return to Top