HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore Any jailbreaking or firmware changing for the iPod Touch are discussed here.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP
iPod touch not restoring

I tried to jailbreak my iPod touch using ZiPhone 3.0 and followed every step correctly but I'm getting the bsd root error and I tried to restore by holding the power button and home together then holding home until it says to connect to iTunes. iTunes gives me the 0xE8000022 error whenever I plug it in to restore it. Anyone have some other suggestions?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Try DFU, I'll just re-paste what I told some other guy before:

To get into DFU, plug iPod into PC. Then hold both ON and HOME buttons for exactly 10-11 seconds and release the ON button. You wont see ANYTHING on the screen, but your computer will start looking (and will find them - if you have itunes installed) for drivers.

Then just a normal restore.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:39 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 1.1.4 (SV patch 1.1.3)
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux FTW!!!
Send a message via AIM to doomsayer97

Like Gecko said, you should just DFU restore again. But, restart your computer. That might help. I know that always helps me whenever iTunes is uncooperative. Also, use this guy's videos on how to jailbreak using iLiberty+. Much better than ZiPhone:
youtube.com/itouchmaster2
or even go to this post I made about how to jailbreak using iLberty+:
How to jailbreak an iPod Touch using iLiberty+ or iLibertyX
Hope I helped!
http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:41 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 1 iPhone(8GB,1.1.4 FW),1 iPod Touch (16GB 1.1.4 firmware)
Operating System: MacOsx (Leopard)
Send a message via Yahoo to Apple iPie

Please,DONT USE ZIPHONE!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Hey thanks that really helped.

Does iLiberty+ have a higher success rate than ZiPhone because everyone seems to use Ziphone.

Also, the download link to iLiberty+ doesn't work and I'm not sure which is the latest version of it. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:43 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconforce15 View Post
Hey thanks that really helped.

Does iLiberty+ have a higher success rate than ZiPhone because everyone seems to use Ziphone.

Also, the download link to iLiberty+ doesn't work and I'm not sure which is the latest version of it. Thanks!
If you do it properly, everything has a 100% success rate. ZiPhone shouldn't be used as it downgrades your bootloader to 3.9 (making it easier for AppleCare to track that you've got a jailbroken ipod if it ever goes downhill). It also loads everything into the memory (also called 1-Pass) that can result in memory corruption (and you can lose wifi functionality - not permanently though, just a software sorta thing).

Definitely use iLiberty+ or iLibertyX, as both of these do not downgrade the bootloader and they do not load everything into memory (and even what it does load into the memory - it doesn't rely on it, so no memory corruption can occur) and uses modified payloads.

Cheers,
Gecko
Old 05-31-2008, 01:42 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I downloaded iLiberty+ and will jailbreak my iPod soon since I don't have time right now.

Also, after restoring my iPod i noticed the new apps from January were lost. Is there anyway to get them back?

Thanks
Old 06-01-2008, 08:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconforce15 View Post
I downloaded iLiberty+ and will jailbreak my iPod soon since I don't have time right now.

Also, after restoring my iPod i noticed the new apps from January were lost. Is there anyway to get them back?

Thanks
Restore up to 1.1.4 to get these apps back, they're free in this version and don't need to be downloaded at all seperately. You can upgrade to 1.1.4 through iTunes upgrader, and just use iLiberty+ to jailbreak from there (with option selected to install Cydia package manager - and if you need it you can get Installer done).

ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch forums, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | Jailbreak / Upgrade / Downgrade / Restore