HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | General Chat
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | General Chat General iPod Touch questions/discussion.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 10:42 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iTouch 2.0.1 Pwnd
Operating System: Dell - Windows XP
2.0 Kills Battery?

if you read my thread I just posted about how to change 2.0 password, you will now that the last method bricked my iTouch, so I restored it with 2.0.1 firmware and pwnd it.

When I was on 1.1.4 I could listen to music, get on internet for about 10 minutes a day, and it would take a good 5 or 6 days to drain my battery dry. Ever since I updated to 2.0.1, the battery life sucks.

I fully charged this bad boy, left it plugged up for a good 7 hours. I didn't even do anything with it, just let it sit on my table for about 8 hours, the Wi-Fi and SSH were turned off, and it's down to half life. I have downloaded no apps that run in the background.

The only reason I can think that battery life is bad, is because...

1. I bricked my iTouch, it was bricked for about 2 hours. The fact is I have bricked it before and it stayed bricked for a good 3 days and the battery life was fine afterward, so I doubt it was that.

2. Flaw with 2.0.1 firmware

3. Cydia, the things it makes your download, that package of like... 20 files. Do you think some of those are background apps that drain battery?

Those are the only 3 reasons I could think of...

Anybody else got this problem?

Click the image to open in full size.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Device + Firmware: 2.0
Operating System: Vista (Unfortunately)

Does it feel very hot? At one point my iPod had horrible battery life (and it made my leg very hot while in my pocket) and within 6-8 hours I got the 10% warning (brought it out only to check time and the occasional song[s]). I just rebooted the iPod and it worked fine.
But that was on 1.1.4. Just idling, it now takes my iPod several days before it's running low, and that's with Insomnia, SSH and Push (every 30 minutes) on. I don't know what my battery life was on 1.1.4, but I don't mind as I charge it almost every night.

Last edited by Jeckel; 08-23-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM

Device + Firmware: iTouch 2.0.1 Pwnd
Operating System: Dell - Windows XP

My iPod has never gotten hot before. It just now started the battery problem after the update to 2.0.1

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 PM

Device + Firmware: 4gig iPhone 1.1.4 jailbroken
Operating System: mac osx
Send a message via AIM to danvicente

you cant brick an itouch, but i dont know why its draining.. maybe because of the appstore and some new strings that apple has running in the background, maybe its time to invest in an external battery :-/
Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0 iPhone
Operating System: Vista

Maybe I got a bad battery, but mine doesn't go very long before being totally dead, even when I'm not really using it and it's just sitting on my desk. Never leave home without a charger.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPwn'd Touch 2.0
Operating System: Windows

My touch is new and jailbreaked, it takes about 8 hours to drain when its just on the home screen. I have it always on Wifi, SSH, 1/4 brightness, and it does kinda drain the battery bad (it also never locks, I dont like the Auto-Lock, too short of times). There has been times where I did leave it on for a few hours, but on different applications.

Here are the apps I think that drain the most battery life.

- Winterboard
- South Park Imaginationland
- SMB (Super Monkey Ball, Not SummerBoard)
- Remote
- Cydia
- Flashlight (Of Course)
- MobileCoverFlow (Turn iPod while in music)
- Safari
- Poof
- YouTube
- MobileVideoPlayer

TRY TO AVOID RUNNING THESE FOR PROLONGED USES!

Last edited by iwirthless; 08-25-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Spell Check

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | General Chat