HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | General Chat
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

IPOD TOUCH | General Chat General iPod Touch questions/discussion.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: 1 iPhone(8GB,1.1.4 FW),1 iPod Touch (16GB 1.1.4 firmware)
Operating System: MacOsx (Leopard)
Send a message via Yahoo to Apple iPie
Getting started with your iPod Touch

Ok,imagine we have an iPod Touch and want to get cool stuff,such like apps,themes,games and many different things!
First of all,you need to jailbreak our iPod Touch (iTouch)...
For that,download framework 2.0 (needed ONLY for windows... ) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en If you have a MAC,dont do this....
Then,you should download a program named iTunes ( www.apple.com/iTunes),and set up your iTouch as a new one,then download a program named Ziphone ( ZiPhone's Blog ) and extract it to your desktop....After that open it (Ziphone) and click ONLY JAILBREAK BUTTON! After 40-50 secs,the process should finish,and you will see installer icon on your Springboard.....

Now,I would describe like to give a guide,for which iTouches has been bought with firmware 1.0-1.1.3,caurse Ziphone jailbreaks ONLY 1.1.4 firmware...
First of all,you need to restore your iPod Touch with iTunes,...
1-Open iTunes
2-Connect your iTouch
3-Click RESTORE button and wait after process will finish....
You will have 1.1.4 firmware on it by that time...
Then,open up Ziphone and click JAILBREAK,and you will get the installer icon!

Many of us have MACs,I guess....
DevTeam released a PWNAGE project ( http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/ipo...iphone-dev.org ),which can also jailbreak iTouches....
Please,follow the guide PROPERLY,otherwise,you can get into a BIG trouble...
1-Open PWNAGE,preveiously downloaded from http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/ipo...iphone-dev.org ....
2-Download 1.1.4 iTouch firmware from download section...
3-Click Browse IPSW
4-Choose your firmware
5-After that,connect your iTouch to the dock,Close iTunes and click IPWNER button... ( Make sure,you are using ONLY IPOD TOUCH FIRMWARE! )..
6-After that,follow the instructions on the screen,and all will be OK....
7-You may be confused,by the instruction:"Get your iPhone/Ipod Touch into Recovery Mode...",just hold Home+Power for 10secs,unplug your iPod from the dock,and then HOLDING ONLY HOME plug in your Touch again,and wait for a few secs....

Now,I would like to talk about apps,software,which you should install through installer:
First I will tell apps,that you MUST install,before you will install something else...
1-BSD Subsystem,you MUST install it,before anything else...
2-Comunity Sources.
3-Mobile Enchancer.
4-BossTools. (BossTools helps you free more space for your apps... If you will not install it and move apps,ringtones,fonts,you will be able to install ONLY 30MB of apps.... You should NOT install ANY apps,exept of BSD Subsystem and Mobile Enchancer,otherwise,you will need to restore...)
Then,apps,that may cause some trouble..,so read before installing:
1-SummerBoard.
2-Customize (BETA)
3-And any other BETA versions....
Then,I would like,to come up,with different apps,which I use,and might be helpful for you
:
1-Appolo is "the premier instant messnger for the iPhone/iTouch" It supports ICQ too.
2-Books,the apps is made to read books on your iTouch(you can upload them manually) and from installer.
3-Sys info. Viem and controll ALL proceses on your iTouch.
6-Mobile Finder. Like Finder on Mac,displays ALL files on your iPhone/iPod Touch
7-Wallpaper is THE BEST app from iappaday, it shows other peoples wallpaper allowing you to save it.
8-ExportNotes allows you to export notes from MobileNotes.app
9-iPhoneHome lets you open EACH app you need if you click it twice.
10-killBoard a imple tool to respring(useful with experimenting with 1.1.3).
11-Live Score wow! If you are a Socer fan that will be useful for you...
Now games
1-st is Labyrith (The classic wooden labyrith game) But its not free,7$ BUT you can play DEMO for free,i Bought it and i like it...
2-Contra Sence. A very interesting and funny game.
3-Open TTD-The CLASSIC GAME OF TRANSPORT TYCON DELUXE! WOW!
4-Ball Fight. Funny game where you need to drag your balls to hit your opponents
5-Marble-Use the accelerometer to navigate the blue ball into the next level.
6-Many asked for Chess on iTouch-CAISSA CHESS.
7-another chess game"chess"
8-iCopter is an iPhone game based off Helicopter.The object is to steer a helicopter while dodging onscreen obstacles.
9-iPhysics is a Multi-game engine with endless possibilities. To make it work install a special fix for 1.1.3 and 1.1.4(Levelpacks can be found in iPhysics category)
10-Sudoku i hoppe you know this game,Now on iPhone/iTouch!
11-Tap Tap Revolution is a fast-tapping game set to music.
Then,I would like to describe methods,which allow you to upload custom games/themes to your iTouch,if you dont have WiFi...
Lests continue with iPhoneBrowser
1-download it iphonebrowser - Google Code you will need to click "
SetupiPhoneBrowser.1.52.exe"
2-Open it
3-Plug your iPhone.
4-Download an FILE which you want to upload in format .app for Exaple BallFight.app
5-Copy the folder Programms.app into directory ../applications/ on your iPhone/iPod. As a result it will be ../applications/Programms.app
6-Then set up PERMISSIONS 755 TO ALL FILES THERE! (you can do that through Mobile Squid or Win Scp)
7-Turn your iPhone on/off and YOUR APP WILL WORK!

And,now I would like to speak about 20$ Software update...
Of course,you can get it for 20USD,but you can just follow the steps,to get it for free...
1- add www.repo.ispazio.net to your sources.
2- install a package "1.1.3/4 iPhone applications",from category TWEAKS 1.1.4!
3- Press HOME button.
Thats all for now....
I will update the post,as soon,as I will find something interesting...

Last edited by Apple iPie; 05-16-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: UPDATED! :)
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPie For This Useful Post:
acidic_properties (05-17-2008), Zaxio (05-27-2008)
Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Ipod Touch
Operating System: Windows vista

Nice post m8 . getting my itouch tomorrow so this might be pretty usefull hehe
Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch
Operating System: XP

Thanks man everything is great. The 1.1.3/4 iphone apps could not be found but who cares this is great!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 06:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

tnx,i'll do this l8ter

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPOD TOUCH > IPOD TOUCH | General Chat