HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > General iPhone Chat
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General iPhone Chat General iPhone questions/discussion.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 05:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0.2
Netatalk question

New to the forums and I wasn't sure where to ask this but this looked like the best place. Does Netatalk work with OS X 10.4 (Tiger I think) or only Leopard? If it does work does anyone have any tips on what to do if my phone isn't showing up in the "Network" section? Thanks!
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8Gb 1.1.1 OTB Pwned 1.1.4 BL4.6
Operating System: OSX

Works with Tiger, but I (and many other people) cannot connect as "root" but only as "mobile" (with the usual "alpine" password.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Where does it show up on the computer? I can't even find it after installation.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Alright, I got it to show up now (had to manually connect to the server) but I have a few issues. I cannot connect as "root" with the root password I setup. I can connect to "mobile" with my new password but when I try to transfer some rom files over I get a user not allowed to perform this option message. Any suggestions on how I could get root working or enable mobile to be able to write files?
Old 09-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: Too many devices, not enough vices.
Operating System: EEEEETS A MAC, BABY!

I cannot connect either. I suspect since we know "root" is a working and valid name, but is refused by an apple native app that 2.0 still has some tricks up it's sleeve.

I can connect as root in SSH, but only as mobile using netalk. When you connect as mobile, you are connecting to the mobile folder, not the root folder so you cannot move certain things since you to not have access to them as you are not signed into root. Hence why you can only see the mobile folder and not the root folder.

We need to know the proper password to sign in as root, apparently we do not have that on 2.0, only through SSH.

Last edited by one1; 09-01-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:23 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Yeah I am able to ssh as root but for some reason it isn't working with Netatalk. Could it be a problem with Netatalk? Since it is supposed to use the same account information I really wonder why it isn't accepting it and when I ssh in and change the mobile password it also changes for Netatalk.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > General iPhone Chat