Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Review: SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel iPhone 3G case.

• 07-29-2008 | 08:22 PM
  • InvertedS2c's Avatar InvertedS2c Posts: 23
  • Hey everyone.

OK so first of all I am not typically the type of person to incase a phone that I bought in some horrible ugly protective case. Whats the point of the phones appearance if your covering it up right? But for grip and protections sake on my BB's I have always used skins. I bought the 16gig white 6 days after the release and wanted the white because well, I love the color white. The Apple store was charging outrageous prices for really crappy cases, the Flick was one of the worst quality cases I have ever seen, sharp unfinished edges, the case its self was so thin it couldnt possibly provide any protection other than scratching. Worse yet charging 40 dollars for it!!!!! So that began my search. When I came across the CapsuleRebel I was immediately hooked. Their site Welcome to SwitchEasy lists the case for 24.95 plus 3 for s&h but appleprostore.com has them for 17.99. My total was 20.80 shipped. On to the pics.

Heres how it arrived, simple packaging, appleprostore packed it real nice in a USPS shipping box surrounded by popcorn.

heres the back

Heres the contents, it comes with the case, squeegee, cloth, 2 anti static screen protectors, charger plug, a universal dock adaptor, and a phone stand.

Now onto the pics of the case on the phone. At first I put one of the anti static screen protectors on, then put the case on. The case was so tight fitting that it started pushing up the screen protector so I took it off. The case fits really nice and shows no signs of the bottom sagging it fits PERFECT. It feels really good in the hands and honestly seems like it would protect the phone really well. It slides in and out of my pocket very easily, I tried with my work slacks, 2 different sets of jeans and shorts, the case slides in and out so easily yet feels very grippy in the hands. Best of both worlds.

There you have it guys. I want to add that the case covers the on/off button and the volume buttons. The case honestly makes those buttons feel more responsive and make it much easier to turn on/off, less pressure is needed and feels very nice.

Conclusion:
    I love this case, fitment I would rate a 9/10 due to the screen protector pulling up on the sides. Form factor is 10/10 it feels and looks great, looks just as good as it feels and vise versa, very nice in the hands. I think its the perfect middle road between keeping the phone slim, and getting decent protection. Price was great, 20 bucks shipped for this thing and all it comes with makes it the best deal on the market in my opinion. Feel free to ask questions I will try to keep up.
  • 07-29-2008 | 08:36 PM
  • aziatiklover's Avatar aziatiklover Posts: 1,276
  • incase sliders> *
  • 07-30-2008 | 12:20 AM
  • Quote de aziatiklover
    incase sliders> *
    The incase slider is a nice cover , but offers no protection. hard plastic on hard plastic.
  • 08-01-2008 | 09:27 AM
  • TheOrioles33's Avatar TheOrioles33 Posts: 232
  • Mine should be here today! Black!
  • 08-01-2008 | 10:23 AM
  • FliP76's Avatar FliP76 Posts: 35
  • Just got mine in black, i love it. I had the incase slider on my 1st gen and was going to wait until the 3g release but im glad i didnt now. I love the added protection without bulk and it looks badass too.
  • 08-01-2008 | 01:39 PM
  • Kawi2004 Posts: 14
  • Ordered mine yesterday and can not wait till it gets here. Thanks InvertedS2c for the review.
  • 08-01-2008 | 02:48 PM
  • ninjoshua Posts: 14
  • ZOMGBBQ!1!11 This looks like exactly what I've been looking for in a case (minus the screen protection, but I guess I can’t have everything).

I've really been wanting something to keep pocket lint out of my cable port.
    And the I love the idea of the sleep/wake button and volume button being covered as well.

One question: How did you get it already when all of the websites I've seen say it should start shipping on the 8th of August?

D'oh, I'm sorry. Another look and I realized that only certain colors are not available until the 8th.

Thank you for this review.

Last edited by ninjoshua; 08-01-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-02-2008 | 02:21 PM
  • ashgotti Posts: 12
  • :/ so bulky. i got a screen protector on mine but otherwise it's nekkid and i cant see myself using a case.
  • 08-02-2008 | 05:40 PM
  • thistle108 Posts: 2
  • Just a quick question, with having the Invisible Shield on the iPhone, would this still fit?
  • 08-05-2008 | 10:09 AM
  • I have to say that the included screen protectors where a mess. the first one i put on and "smoothed" out the bubbles as per instructions. the included card thing to do so scratched the hell out of the screen protector causing it to catch alot of glare. The second one i applied and the little sticker thing pulled of without the sticky, and the stuff that was left on the screen protector would not come off, after about 30 mins i got it off but not without rub marks left in thier place. I also ended up cuting out the volume control cover as it causes the case to pull out on that side, and i like it recessed and out of the way. Still love the case though.
  • 08-05-2008 | 02:31 PM
  • I cut out mine, did the same exact thing.
  • 08-05-2008 | 04:47 PM
  • ninjoshua Posts: 14
  • Would either of you mind posting a picture of what the case looks like now with the volume toggle cover cut out?

Thanks in advance.
  • 08-05-2008 | 06:44 PM
  • kadinh's Avatar kadinh Posts: 149
  • i just ordered 1 black one for me and 1 pink one for my wife. ill be writing my in detail review whenever they get here.
  • 08-05-2008 | 11:24 PM

• Its really easy to cut out and you can still leave the piece between the volume rocker and silent switch intact. prob will do it to the power to, i like the silvewr showing and being recessed.

Last edited by FliP76; 08-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Return to Top