HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Green Apple

this is pissing me off!!!!! mine still dont work
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2G Unlocked/Jailbroken 2.0.1
Operating System: OSX 10.5.4

the hack only works with tzones. You can try internet3.voicestream.com as your APN settings instead. That may help. If not just switch back.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4, iPhone 3G
Operating System: Windows XP Pro, Vista

T-Zones didn't work since yesterday. Just fixed it with SSH change "10.0.0.0" to "25.0.0.0", reboot. Now working okay again.

Stock, Weather, Safari all work fine. Google map loaded but current location not working right, got a message "Your location could not be determined" any idea to fix this?

Last edited by Ikemann888; 08-30-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-30-2008, 03:36 AM
What's Jailbreak?

off topic question...can I upgrade to the 2.0 firmware and still use tmobile??
Old 08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

ok well Iam on 2.0.2 still not working for me, I even restore my phone then applied the tzones hack. not working, says ''internal error you do not have access to the site in www.google.com" gives the samething for any site expect yahoo.com

please help
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I am pretty sure I found out the answer to why it is not working even when you changed the proxy.pac file in /var/preferences/. The reason is the proxy.pac file needs to be in "TWO" places. The first one is in /var/preferences and the next one is in /private/var/root. If both of your proxy.pac files are setup like this:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if ((isInNet(myIpAddress(), "25.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")) || (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")))
return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
else
return "DIRECT";
}

like the other user said, than you should be browsing the internet once again. Hit me up if you need any additional help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensleydusen View Post
ok well Iam on 2.0.2 still not working for me, I even restore my phone then applied the tzones hack. not working, says ''internal error you do not have access to the site in www.google.com" gives the samething for any site expect yahoo.com

please help
Just add the modified proxy.pac file that you edited to /private/var/root and restart and you'll be just fine. Post to this forum again if it works for you so others can know.

I was lost trying to figure out what was going on for a few days now. I just saw the other proxy.pac file while trying to backup my iphone for the update since I thought that was my only chance of getting t-zones working again. I just did it a little while ago and it works now!! FINALLY!!

Last edited by b4lyph; 08-30-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to b4lyph For This Useful Post:
jjp72 (08-30-2008)
Old 08-30-2008, 11:05 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4lyph View Post
I am pretty sure I found out the answer to why it is not working even when you changed the proxy.pac file in /var/preferences/. The reason is the proxy.pac file needs to be in "TWO" places. The first one is in /var/preferences and the next one is in /private/var/root. If both of your proxy.pac files are setup like this:

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)
{
if ((isInNet(myIpAddress(), "25.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")) || (isInNet(myIpAddress(), "10.0.0.0", "255.0.0.0")))
return "PROXY 216.155.165.50:8080";
else
return "DIRECT";
}

like the other user said, than you should be browsing the internet once again. Hit me up if you need any additional help.
worked for me! i had the edited proxy.pac in /private/var/root already, but the one in /var/preferences hadn't been edited. once i did that i rebooted, checked the stocks app and got the data flowing, then checked safari, weather, maps and all are working.

thanks so much for the help.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Green Apple

I added another proxy pack on private>var>root and still nothing... Man this is pissing me off!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner4sho View Post
I added another proxy pack on private>var>root and still nothing... Man this is pissing me off!!
Please try my documented procedure for the T-Zones hack.
It does not use a proxy.pac script, which makes it much more reliable for any IP subnet changes that T-Mobile may make.

How to: t-zones without using proxy.pac file
The Following User Says Thank You to freshster For This Useful Post:
6309phone (09-01-2008)
Old 08-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4, iPhone 3G
Operating System: Windows XP Pro, Vista

Prior to T-Mobile changed the IP address for T-Zones service, my 1.1.4 with T-Zones hacked worked fine with edge. All Stocks, Weather, Safari, iTunes, and Maps were working fine.

After the change & fixed on proxy.pac, all work fine except Maps could not locate current location on Edge mode (on wifi mode still working fine), anyone know how to fix this problem? Thank you.

Updated: Google Maps current location function works on other areas on Edge mode, in Los Angeles & Buena Park CA both work okay. I believe its depend on signal Tower.

Last edited by Ikemann888; 08-31-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Wichita, KS - tmo must have changed their ip here, stopped working a few days ago.

Putting the proxy.pac in the second place solved my issue with the 4 iphones i was working on. The stock and weather worked, but no safari. Phones are on 201/202. thanks
Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 4gb 1.1.3 unlocked
Operating System: Vista

Like other users have said, this must be in some areas only. I am in Miami, running 2.0.1 and I haven't made any changes and everything still works. I installed the T-Zones Hack from Cydia when I updated the firmware, like 2 maybe 3 weeks ago and it's been working since w/o problems
Old 08-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanstructed311 View Post
off topic question...can I upgrade to the 2.0 firmware and still use tmobile??
I am on 2.0.2 and having no issues...u will be fine...just read the posts.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I removed my t-zones hack, used the link provided above that bypasses proxy.pac and it works FINE!!!!! 1.1.4 iphone - works perfectly.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 16gig 1.1.4
Operating System: PC

Thanks! Saved my life...

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News

Tags
t-mobile, t-zones, t-zones hack