HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 AM
iPhoneaholic

It worked fine on my 3G.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone
Operating System: vista

tutorial pls to use this software.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0.2 (jailbroken)
Operating System: Windows XP & Vista

hey guys, if you think you can do better, I suggest you can start learning to write code. remember, when you decide to mod a device, its experimental. There may be bugs but if you SEARCH, read, and learn you shall be rewarded with answers and a working device. Instead of criticizing the hardworking people that do this in their FREE TIME for FREE it may be more productive for you to ask nicely for help.

Modding your iPhone is inherently dangerous. No tutorial can cover every nuance or issue you may encounter. There is no substitute for following instructions carefully, using various search functions here and elsewhere (GOOGLE). If you can't afford to brick it, proceed with great caution. Modding is at your own risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:
Muggz5 (08-26-2008)
Old 08-26-2008, 08:11 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_jedi View Post
i got it work.

1. Extract the zip file to get the QuickPwn.exe and Readme.txt file.
2. Right click the QuickPwn.exe file and extract to get QuickPwn.exe and some dll files.
3. Copy the FW file (2.0.2 in my case) in the folder where u extracted the QuickPwn.exe and the dll files.
4. Now try executing QuickPwn.exe...it should work!!!!!

YouTube works!!!!
Mail app works too!!!!
Great job DEV team!!!!
worked like a charm on Win XP SP3

currently running 2.0.2 on my iphone 2G

thanks bro
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Send a message via MSN to PJAVIERGR

IT'S WORK OR NO, there is any person who has worked this program with the new FW?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 AM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJAVIERGR View Post
IT'S WORK OR NO, there is any person who has worked this program with the new FW?
Read the post right above yours.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
What's Jailbreak?

can someone post up a link for ipod touch firmware 2.0.2 please?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Green Apple

can't post ipod touch firmware links because u need to pay for them and it's illegal :/
Sorry

EDIT:

Search in your computer 2.0.2 an click seach everywhere and "include hidden and system files"
U will see the firmware (Only after u have downloaded it from iTunes first)
The file path is inside c:/users/[name]/appdata/local/microsoft/iTunes(or apple/apple computer)/aoftwareupdate
I'd something like that but just search and it will show up

Last edited by minivinny95; 08-26-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.1

can someone pls make a custom firmware for us people who dont have mac, pls make it for iphone 2g, and unlocked with installer and cydia. Pls "uncheck custom boot logo" and upload to Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem! and put a link here.

It will be a very big help from you. Pls help us.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone +1.1.4
Operating System: OSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by baadshah12 View Post
can someone pls make a custom firmware for us people who dont have mac, pls make it for iphone 2g, and unlocked with installer and cydia. Pls "uncheck custom boot logo" and upload to Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem! and put a link here.

After this comment?

Quote:
dev-team are idiots, they dont know how to do things, its been 14 days, and still no 2.0.2 unlocked custom firmware. And also their new quickpwn is buggy, it doesnt go forward after adding firmware. It remains grey.
Hell no! You're a jerk. You don't deserve help, btw I had 2.0.2 the weekend after it came out. Still works flawlessly
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a good thing that I am not a Moderator here - you would be banned for life (from your earlier comments and this one)
Old 08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
dev-team are idiots, they dont know how to do things, its been 14 days, and still no 2.0.2 unlocked custom firmware. And also their new quickpwn is buggy, it doesnt go forward after adding firmware. It remains grey.

To call them idiots REALLY Why dont you create a software that unlocks the 2.0.2 firmware maybe then you have the right to call them idiots.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:53 PM

Device + Firmware: AT&T 1.1.4 & 2.0
Operating System: Leopard / XP

Be nice.

DFU Restore Mode:
1. Boot phone 2. Hold Power + Home until the screen goes BLACK 3. Continue to hold home and let go of power 4. Plug into iTunes (screen should still be BLACK) 5. Within 20 seconds it should come up in recovery mode 6. Let go of Home and hit RESTORE in iTunes.

Firmware 2.0 DFU: 1. Power phone OFF. 2. Hold power + home for 10 seconds. 3. Let go of power and continue to hold home until iTunes finds the phone.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.2 QuickPwned
Operating System: XP and Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by gytheran View Post
Sorry guys, QuickPwn Blows.

I will be waiting for WinPwn or the new jailbreaker coming out. If QuickPwn is going to be their primary focus for updates, I'll be going to the other software. This is very buggy and does not allow you to customize boot screens... hell I can't get the damn thing to jailbreak 2.0.2 FW. I keep having to revert back to JB 2.0.1(Which is a total PITA to do).

Sorry, not impressed.

Edit: I finally got the older version of this to JB 2.0.2. Come to find out, after using this my custom(cydia downloaded) apps weren't showing icons on the springboard. By downloading a free app from the app store, this was resolved and the icons appeared. The new one, however, still does not work and you can't change the boot screens to what you want.
Quickpwn does work. I use the second release and worked perfectly first time aswell.

You can change boot logos, all you need is winrar. (Thanks to the person who told me )

Btw, nobody gives a s**t if your impressed or not, it's free ffs. Everyone else calling the Dev Team stuff, it would be awesome if everyone blocked your IP address from downloading any unlocking tool

Quote:

Go away please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by A.T; 08-26-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2.0.1

i am sorry for my behaviour, i was very mad, cause quickpwn 150 was also not working after 14 days of waiting. I am sorry.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News