HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g
Operating System: OSX Leopard

scrolling through lists is still painfully slow... also not sure why they aren't using any of the built-in list functions so that I can easily scroll to specific letters.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: NEW! 2.0.2 QuickPwn'ed
Operating System: XP

Yes, I agree. The icons are nice, but it takes time to load them, and when you go to all packages, you get all of the same (but different) "carrier bundles"! The new version is better, it just polls all of the repositories for icons on the packages section (I just had 20 tasks come up while I was scrolling for the first time). We'll see.....

Not to dis the dev team - I love them, but they have a LONG way to go to catch Cydia (used to be the other way a round)! Installer-wise, I mean. Dev team OWNS (pwns) everything else!

Last edited by mbaharvard; 08-23-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
What's Jailbreak?

so frustrating, I am trying to set up a repository but every time i try and use regenerate.php?secret=blahblah, i get this error:
Code:
Generating index for firmware 2.0.
Fatal error:  Cannot instantiate non-existent class:  domdocument in /home/jack/public_html/repository/regenerate.php on line 160
Old 08-23-2008, 11:43 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alek View Post
Those files are only if u own/run s repsitory (sources website) normal useres just up date in installer beta 4.
The update is not showing up, and the sources will not refresh on 4.0b5.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:08 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch - 2.0.2
Operating System: XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
The update is not showing up, and the sources will not refresh on 4.0b5.
re boot it and it will work
Old 08-24-2008, 02:10 AM

Does anyone have screenshots of the new installer?

Also, in order for me to abandon Cydia and move to installer again it needs to:
  • Have BSD Subsystem available for 2.0.2
  • Have Open SSH available
  • Have most other apps available

I couldn't find BSD or SSH before, are they included now?
Old 08-24-2008, 02:56 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone: 1.1.4, 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista, Red Hat, Ubuntu

OpenSSH is in Cydia. With cydia installed BSD is not needed. It will never be ported.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmc01 View Post
OpenSSH is in Cydia. With cydia installed BSD is not needed. It will never be ported.
Yes, but if installer ever wants to compete with Cydia, it will need to find a solution for this. I don't want 2 apps that do the same thing (Cydia and Installer). So for the moment it will just be Cydia.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.2 QuickPwned
Operating System: XP and Vista

Is anybody else's icon for Installer a bit lower than all the other icons??
And also of topic but is anybody's Super Monkey Ball icon also smaller than other icons.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Installer 4. what ever it is now

This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.... All those people crying about Installer... Well I've updated just to stay on board and let me tell you this App still way to slow and sucks!! I bet everyone that was saying they hated Cydia weeks before the ripDEV release still has Cydia installed. Funny thing is, look how long they have had to get Installer right. I once again have to say thanks to Jay Freeman a.k.a. Saurik developer of Cydia! This is truly the best App Installer program for the 2.0 era... Good Luck to everyone still trying to work out the kinks with the Installer App as a long time user I will still tinker with it to... But I was wanting to see if anyone was real and would finally man up when they said Cydia sucked.. Relax JK
Old 08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 2.0.1 WPWN
Operating System: WinXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateiphone View Post
This is the funniest post I've seen in a while.... All those people crying about Installer... Well I've updated just to stay on board and let me tell you this App still way to slow and sucks!! I bet everyone that was saying they hated Cydia weeks before the ripDEV release still has Cydia installed. Funny thing is, look how long they have had to get Installer right. I once again have to say thanks to Jay Freeman a.k.a. Saurik developer of Cydia! This is truly the best App Installer program for the 2.0 era... Good Luck to everyone still trying to work out the kinks with the Installer App as a long time user I will still tinker with it to... But I was wanting to see if anyone was real and would finally man up when they said Cydia sucked.. Relax JK

OK so you've made your opinion perfectly clear here and in the other thread for the updated installer... but since you forget that installer 4 is STILL in beta..just like Cydia was when it was ported to 2.0 . Installer has been out for maybe 2 week, it's not going to be 100%, which is why it is being tested by all of us... give the Dev team a few more weeks and I'm sure that more of the kinks will be out...but like its been stated here 100 TIMES this is still a beta program...and the reason its out as a beta is cause the Dev team need us to tell them what is wrong with the program so they can fix it!! so stop craping on installer just because its not perfect yet...cause Cydia wasn't perfect either when it came out.

My LJ
Old 08-24-2008, 10:01 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Ok so I guess we have our first pro-Installer coming forward.... Not sure where you have been but there has been a beta available since about 8/3-8/5 ish if you knew where to look. Also to be honest Cydia didn't have half of the problems installer does. To be clear here I'm not "crapping on installer" only the time in which it has taken to work on the bugs and still finding plenty more in this release. Like the second poster to this thread said " I WISH THEY WOULDN'T RELEASE BETA VERSIONS TO ALL PUBLIC".... Ohhh and to the 100 times comment thanks for telling me because the other 99 times I read it I forgot it was beta.....
Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8GB 2.0.1 WPWN
Operating System: WinXP

oh dear please forgive me for being off by a week

and its not cause I'm pro Installer, i'm just more open minded then you are.. i use both Cydia and Installer...they both do the same thing..just one is now being tested then the other..but they both serve the same function and when all the bugs are fixed from installer it will be just as great as it use to be.

My LJ
Old 08-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Green Apple

Im on Installer 4.0b4-4. Whats the update procedure to this version? When I select Installer inside of Installer, there is no install/upgrade option.

Also, just my 2 cents. This whole installer vs. cydia fanboy war is beyond retarded. If you dont like one, dont use it. Seriously, no one cares if you hate one or the other. These apps are both run to improve the iphone/touch community. If that alone doesnt make you appreciate their work the least you can do is keep your flaming to yourself.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothy17 View Post
re boot it and it will work
still nothing working.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News