HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: XP AND NOW MAC!!!!!!!

alot have said the reception is much better

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
Man, Apples trying hard to keep the dev team at work!
they must have discovered unplugged holes these hackers could use to unlock the 3g n now they're patchin it with the excuse of some reception bull s. Now for the 1st gen ifone they not even tryin as they said; they update it too just so it doest fall behind from the 3g.. They're not makin big changes like .3 fw was compared to previous versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
wonder if this will fix the other bugs still hanging around... the tedious mass text that came to be after 2.0, or possibly the ridiculous need for itunes to "backup" every time you sync
on mine's takes a loooong time like close to 2 hours to back it all up!!
maybe its becuz i have like more then 100 apps.. but still when i uninstall aim for example n install it again from itunes i have to enter all the details again... so much for the "back up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esko032 View Post
when the hell are we going to have appels push notifacation
i have no idea how that gonna work!
so it would use wifi to retrieve messages for example from aim n display a notification even tho the app is closed? Or do we have to have a legit contract with at&t to be able to use push services.? some one enlighten me

Last edited by spyboy_1; 08-18-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 PM
What's Jailbreak?

So since I just used the quickpwn tool to jailbreak my 3g 2.0.1, should I not do the 2.0.2 upgrade? If I do, will it brick it or just bring it back to factory? Also, my phone just did a backup in itunes after the jailbreak so will it try to reinstall all the jailbroke stuff from my back up?

Brian
Old 08-18-2008, 06:22 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 16GB iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: OS X 10.4/10.5

The reception and 3G to EDGE hand-off is alot better but still not 100%. iPhone also snappier.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Green Apple

Send a message via AIM to esko032

no apple push server????!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Could anyone report the modem firmware on a first gen iPhone with this 2.0.2 update?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1 pwnd (1.0.2 OTB)
Operating System: Mac OS 10.5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
So since I just used the quickpwn tool to jailbreak my 3g 2.0.1, should I not do the 2.0.2 upgrade? If I do, will it brick it or just bring it back to factory? Also, my phone just did a backup in itunes after the jailbreak so will it try to reinstall all the jailbroke stuff from my back up?

Brian
1. Read the first post
2. No
The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:
Kaas (08-19-2008)
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I think it is so dumb of apple how everytime a new version comes out, we have to download that 260mb package AGAIN. I think apple should really work on just making us download the changes that they've made instead of downloading a quarter of a gb everytime. This sucks for people who just don't have good internet due to the fact that they are stuck with a stupid 3 year contract.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPod touch 2.0.1 jailbroken
Operating System: Vista

Yeah I have a 1gb bandwidth limit, so thats half of mine this month from apple today, because whenever I try to pause, when I unpause, it is at 0
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
I think it is so dumb of apple how everytime a new version comes out, we have to download that 260mb package AGAIN. I think apple should really work on just making us download the changes that they've made instead of downloading a quarter of a gb everytime. This sucks for people who just don't have good internet due to the fact that they are stuck with a stupid 3 year contract.
It's not dumb at all. This is a firmware update and it would be EXTREMELY impractical (not to mention dangerous) to provide this as a delta update. Imagine you are patching the firmware and something happens (like the battery goes dead) your phone would quite possibly be in an unusable state. Frankly, I don't know of any mobile hardware devices (PC's excluded) that isn't updated from a full firmware release.

It seems you are in the 1% minority that are still on a dial-up line? For the majority of us it takes < 3 minutes to download the firmware so why do I want just a patch when I can get a fresh firmware install?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4 Jailbroken (not unlocked)
Operating System: Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by david77123 View Post
Yeah I have a 1gb bandwidth limit, so thats half of mine this month from apple today, because whenever I try to pause, when I unpause, it is at 0
wow that really sucks
Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPod touch 2.0.1 jailbroken
Operating System: Vista

they really need an updater like windows update. I guess it would make it easier for the hackers to jailbreak and unlock, because they could just have a look through to see all the changes.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Vista,and,XP
Send a message via AIM to sikdaz Send a message via MSN to sikdaz Send a message via Yahoo to sikdaz

2.0.1 was only out for how many days? lol apple is pushing it...
Old 08-18-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately this is going to get even worse in the future. To the majority of us a 260mb download is no longer a big deal. Just 5 years ago 260mb was a ridiculous amount to download. Now it's probably only 3-5% of someone's monthly quota. For those in areas of limited or expensive bandwidth I feel for you but Apple is catering to majority.

Quote:
they really need an updater like windows update. I guess it would make it easier for the hackers to jailbreak and unlock, because they could just have a look through to see all the changes.
precisely (amongst many other reasons) why apple doesn't do incremental updates.

Last edited by imode; 08-18-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
You sure it's actually downloading something? When i pause and start over, the portion i downloaded is reverified (it shows downloading at a pace way beyond my internet connection would allow, but i think it's just verifying that part of the file is already there) then as it hits the point i stopped it at, slows down to my actual internet connection speed.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News