HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Go Back   ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion Discussion regarding Native iPhone and iPod Touch apps.

iPhone Optimized MMi | Browser Optimized MMi

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

Opportunities at MMi | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 02:27 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Custumize is now Generalize

I have recnetly installed customize onto my 1.1.4 iphone and got it working. To my disapointment, however, its nothing like the old customize where you SSH into it and add various things: sliderbars, mobile music app knobs, Battery icons, etc. The only way of actualy "customizing" anything is to go the website wich one registers for after installing the app via installer and create a theme by uploading ones application icons, lock screen image, battery images, sliber bar mask, dial pad FREAKING EVERYTHINg. All this work just so it can be hosted within the customize app where it can then be added to your phone. The only problem is, after putting all this work into somthing to make it customised, it then gets hosted for every joe shmoe to download aswell, so now its no longer a custom iphone/ipod touch its generalized as one of an infinite number of copies open to anyone who has the app.
*sigh* i miss the good old days of 1.1.2 when everything worked, it was relatively easy to edit things SMB prefs was for icons and background images Customize was for everything else WTF happend
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

If you want the old Customize, go to iappcat.com and find Customize 1.22 Modded, Im pretty sure that's what its called. If Im not mistaken, it is in the Top 10 things downloaded...
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 16GB OTB 1.1.3 -> 1.1.4 j/a/u
Operating System: Windows Vista Home
Send a message via Skype? to gavko

dude u dont know what ur talking about and how to use it. u can still do the same thing as u did with old customize and much much more. u still have the same folders and much more actually where you can ssh your own custom files.yeah and the best thing is that once you do it you dont have to do it next time again over and over piece by piece but just applie your theme. this new customize is waaay better then old one. u just have to look into it and find out how it works and how to use it
Old 05-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4 Jailbroken
Operating System: Unfortunately still WinVista

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolt View Post
I have recnetly installed customize onto my 1.1.4 iphone and got it working. To my disapointment, however, its nothing like the old customize where you SSH into it and add various things: sliderbars, mobile music app knobs, Battery icons, etc. The only way of actualy "customizing" anything is to go the website wich one registers for after installing the app via installer and create a theme by uploading ones application icons, lock screen image, battery images, sliber bar mask, dial pad FREAKING EVERYTHINg. All this work just so it can be hosted within the customize app where it can then be added to your phone. The only problem is, after putting all this work into somthing to make it customised, it then gets hosted for every joe shmoe to download aswell, so now its no longer a custom iphone/ipod touch its generalized as one of an infinite number of copies open to anyone who has the app.
*sigh* i miss the good old days of 1.1.2 when everything worked, it was relatively easy to edit things SMB prefs was for icons and background images Customize was for everything else WTF happend
I would do some research before you condem the app. It is way better then the old Customize. It has many more features. You can do the same as with the old one. You can put your own themes directly into it with SSH. You just have to put it in the correct folder.

It really bugs me when people start talking trash about what people have worked really hard on to create for all of us. Especially when they haven't done their homework and are posting ignorant statements.

AT&T Locked
1.1.4 iLiberty+Jailbreak
Old 05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
I would do some research before you condem the app. It is way better then the old Customize. It has many more features. You can do the same as with the old one. You can put your own themes directly into it with SSH. You just have to put it in the correct folder.

It really bugs me when people start talking trash about what people have worked really hard on to create for all of us. Especially when they haven't done their homework and are posting ignorant statements.
I would be grateful if you could shed some light on SSHing themes into Customize.

1. I studied the file structure of some themes but can't figure out the default folder for some native apps, eg Camera and Photos.
2. I have some apps that cannot be found on the Customize theme building site. I tried to create a folder with the same name as the App but Customize doesn't seem to recognize it. Is there any way I can fix it?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Livin the iPhone Life

For SSH stuff, check the Guides section for how to set up SSH...
Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 PM
What's Jailbreak?

umm dude...yeah i looked at it ALL DAY LITERALY i had a free weekend and i spent 13 HOURS trying to find out where to put my files withint the ssh. Im no novice ive had 4 phones i also stood in line in keywest *i live in marathon* to get mine the day it came out and seriously the new customize is crap if you know how to use it and your saying its great then your a genius and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE because even on thier website there is absolutely NO info about how to SSH into it and using there site to put things on my phone is bogus, because as stated your hard work to make your phone special to you then becomes available to EVERYONE but seriously if anyone knows how to SSH into customize 2.0 PM me or like make a wiki for it because its definatley no walk in the park like it used to be
Old 05-25-2008, 08:23 PM
iPhoneaholic

Let me jump in

I had to redo my phone today my vmail was all messed up, so I decided to PWN it, and it worked great

Now onto my thoughts on Customize, GREAT!!

What I did was backup or create a backup of what I liked before I redid my phone

Saved it via SSH on my PC, its under mobile/library/Customize2

Anyhow I reinstall Customize, then did LibSub to make sure it worked, then re sshed into my phone and put back my backup folder

Went into customize, and re applyed my favorite setting and wala my phone was back to perfect again

so end of story ....customize is GREAT!!!!! Everyone needs to use it

Thanks

Iphone 8GB
1.1.4 Firmware
Modded
Old 05-25-2008, 11:16 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 16GB OTB 1.1.3 -> 1.1.4 j/a/u
Operating System: Windows Vista Home
Send a message via Skype? to gavko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
Let me jump in

I had to redo my phone today my vmail was all messed up, so I decided to PWN it, and it worked great

Now onto my thoughts on Customize, GREAT!!

What I did was backup or create a backup of what I liked before I redid my phone

Saved it via SSH on my PC, its under mobile/library/Customize2

Anyhow I reinstall Customize, then did LibSub to make sure it worked, then re sshed into my phone and put back my backup folder

Went into customize, and re applyed my favorite setting and wala my phone was back to perfect again

so end of story ....customize is GREAT!!!!! Everyone needs to use it

Thanks
Exactly. i dont understand what some ppl dont have problems with. every on e folder of everything you can possibly change in your iphone just by simple sshing is right there in your theme.from app icons, sounds, sliders, just everything. everything have the name it supose to have and if you dont know what is what all you need to do is go to the customizeapp website look into creating the theme and there you have all the info you need... what is called by what name/number. lol it is more complicated then older customize but only coz its more complex and much better. much more options and possibilities to change stuff. yo and someone asked what the camera isa called. folder is called
MobileSlideShow and file MobileSlideShow1 is camera and MobileSlideSHow2 is photos... that should help you. like i said just look into theme creating part of customizeapp site and there you can see what file is uses what name and number.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:24 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 2.0 Beta
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2

Quote:
umm dude...yeah i looked at it ALL DAY LITERALY i had a free weekend and i spent 13 HOURS trying to find out where to put my files withint the ssh. Im no novice ive had 4 phones i also stood in line in keywest *i live in marathon* to get mine the day it came out and seriously the new customize is crap if you know how to use it and your saying its great then your a genius and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE because even on thier website there is absolutely NO info about how to SSH into it and using there site to put things on my phone is bogus, because as stated your hard work to make your phone special to you then becomes available to EVERYONE but seriously if anyone knows how to SSH into customize 2.0 PM me or like make a wiki for it because its definatley no walk in the park like it used to be
No.
Life.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
*sigh* i miss the good old days of 1.1.2 when everything worked, it was relatively easy to edit things SMB prefs was for icons and background images Customize was for everything else ...
I have never had the pleasure of utilizing the former Customize. Despite that, I've found the current Customize very useful, even though it's in BETA release.

And if you are going to use both Customize and SMB [as i d oas well], I've found that there are some minor kinks to work out, but overall customization is relatively easy.

Quote:
The only problem is, after putting all this work into somthing to make it customised, it then gets hosted for every joe shmoe to download aswell, so now its no longer a custom iphone/ipod touch its generalized as one of an infinite number of copies open to anyone who has the app.
As far as actual individual customization goes, if you make an actually fully customized setup on your iPhone, then most people won't be fully copying you. I'd say the best way to go about personalization, would be to make your own theme and SSH it into your phone.

I like your thoughts though on being an individual, Silent Revolt.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:36 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 2.0 Beta
Operating System: OSX 10.5.2

The only thing I dislike about the new Customize is that you can't just simply drag and drop an image into it's correct directory and choose it in Customize like you used to. Now you either have to upload it and change it to the default name.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:41 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
The only thing I dislike about the new Customize is that you can't just simply drag and drop an image into it's correct directory and choose it in Customize like you used to. Now you either have to upload it and change it to the default name.
Wow. That does seem to be more of a hassle than the previous version. Hopefully that user ability can be regained during it's BETA phase.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:05 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavko View Post
Exactly. i dont understand what some ppl dont have problems with. every on e folder of everything you can possibly change in your iphone just by simple sshing is right there in your theme.from app icons, sounds, sliders, just everything. everything have the name it supose to have and if you dont know what is what all you need to do is go to the customizeapp website look into creating the theme and there you have all the info you need... what is called by what name/number. lol it is more complicated then older customize but only coz its more complex and much better. much more options and possibilities to change stuff. yo and someone asked what the camera isa called. folder is called
MobileSlideShow and file MobileSlideShow1 is camera and MobileSlideSHow2 is photos... that should help you.
like i said just look into theme creating part of customizeapp site and there you can see what file is uses what name and number.
Thanks for the tip.
What about the other question? I have some apps not enlisted in the Customize theme building website. I tried to create folders with the app's name (e.g. AppName/AppName1.png) to no avail.

Must I use wait for Customize to update and include those apps? The problem is some apps are localization tools (e.g. input methods) and I don't think they will be included in future Customize versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
Can't agree with you more.
Sometimes I just wanted to switch the color scheme for chat (e.g. outgoing colour <--> incoming colour), or use one of the wallpapers of a theme as the lockscreen background and you just can't do that with current version of Customize.

Last edited by Mao : 05-26-2008 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-26-2008, 07:16 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPhone - 1.1.4
Operating System: OS X Leopard | Win XP

Haha, wrote up a guide for this topic, but it seems it has already been answered by dallasnights.

OMG, it's unbelievably easy. Obviously you spent 13 hours looking around the root directory. Umm man, wake up. We use mobile now. Lol.

I'm thinking about wring up a heap of guides for noobs and a mod can make a link to it on the top bar, next to "1.1.4 Unlock | Jailbreak OS X / Win" so that people don't waste others time with worthless post such as this on.

Spicy has made and excellent app. He has literally put his blood and sweat into it. Complete re-write. Don't diss it, you could never write an app like it, or any app by any chance.

Congrats to Spicy, and to those who HAVE A BRAIN!

8Gb iPhone -> 1.1.4 Pwned & BootNeutered
2.2 GHz MacBook -> OS X Leopard & Windows XP (BootCamp)

If I've helped thank me, or if I've saved your life DONATE!

Last edited by MattMac : 05-26-2008 at 07:35 AM.

ModMyiFone.com | iPhone forums, iPhone hacks, iPhone unlock > 3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch > Native iPhone / iPod Touch App Discussion