HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > ZiPhone
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ZiPhone ZiPhone has had a few issues, but its still around and an application used to jailbreak and unlock. Discuss here.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 05:59 AM
What's Jailbreak?

1.1.4 to 2.0.1 with Ziphone

so i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken with Ziphone a couple of months ago (the steps where given by a poster here and i thanked him for it).

i want to go to 2.0.1 with Ziphone, would this be possible with the new 3.0 Ziphone software and the 2.0.1 restore file? has anyone done this?

i dont care too much for my contacts, messages and so on, thus would a simple ITIUNES Restore and then ALL IN ONE Ziphone (jailbreak/unlock/activate) dot eh job on the 2.0.1?

thanks in advance.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone1.1 - 1.1.4
Operating System: AMD phenom - XP and Vista soon
the Pizza is almost cooked....

I vissited recently the Zibri`s blog...

Sunday, August 17, 2008
Developing...

Next generation of ZiPhone is in the works.
It will be as simple as Apple would have done it.
A simple one click program.
A 5 seconds run.
Stay tuned.
Posted by Zibri at 9:16 PM

and look`s like is a new version of this method for 2.0.1 or 2.0.2
in the near future... it promess that it will maintain the leadership on the -j -u -a..

I just wonder if the announced method will work in on both original and 3G iphone`s...

let`s wait and see the magic..

Last edited by HITCH; 08-20-2008 at 09:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HITCH For This Useful Post:
sethulhu (08-18-2008)
Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP

Right now it can't be done. Take it from me, stick with your jailbroken 1.1.4. If you update to the FW2.0.1 it will erase all of your apps, themes and custom doodads. Until Zibri comes out with the new Ziphone progam, just chill.

I also had a 1.1.4 Ziphone JB iphone and updated to the 2.0.0 FW cuz someone suggested it. I now have a very plane, slightly faster iphone that keeps giving me problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragon x For This Useful Post:
sethulhu (08-18-2008)
Old 08-18-2008, 11:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

well not only that, dragon x, but it seems apple haas released the 2.0.2 firmware. lol..

i guess ill just restore back to 1.1.4 as my IPhone is now clutered with useless apps and i have some small problems with accesing my files.

ill just wait and see if 2.0.2 is pawned/ziphoned/libertied or whatever the new name will be

thank both of you.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 8gb iphone 2G 2.0.1 (unlocked / house-broken)
Operating System: winxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon x View Post
Right now it can't be done. Take it from me, stick with your jailbroken 1.1.4. If you update to the FW2.0.1 it will erase all of your apps, themes and custom doodads. Until Zibri comes out with the new Ziphone progam, just chill.

I also had a 1.1.4 Ziphone JB iphone and updated to the 2.0.0 FW cuz someone suggested it. I now have a very plane, slightly faster iphone that keeps giving me problems.
ok - this is good advice... I was thinking about using the winpwn method to get to 2.0.1 but man, the thought of re-doing all of my theme work and stuff makes me cringe... anyways.. my main reason for upgrading is to get WPA support for wifi in my office.. but it's not too big of a deal.. I guess also for some of the new cool programs which are 2.0 only.. but I will wait..

will the new ziphone update and preserve the state of my phone, somewhat?

Also, is going the ziphone unlock route better than using winpwn and making a custom fw? it would seem to me that having a custom fw would be better at a low level.. but I have no idea how ziphone does what it does.. oh well.. was just wondering?

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > ZiPhone