HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unlocking / Activation Everything about unlocking and activation.

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 12:42 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 3g iphone v2.02
Operating System: OSx

I have pwn my 3g iphone with v 2.03 jailbreak and when afer restore itune wants me to activate with my original simcard which is from O2 U.K. but i dont have it and i m in Malaysia. Can anybody help. I also use a rebelsim and it doesnt work showing no service.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:01 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 8GB v2.0.1 JB
Operating System: WinXP SP2

Thank you all for trying the various sim solutions out there and sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

It seems sim unlocking the 3G iPhone is a waste of time until the dev team have cracked the software unlocking. What's the betting that these sim unlocking companies will soon thereafter be able to supply fully working sim solutions afterwards?

Think I'll wait for the dev team.

P.S.. I'm in the UK and am using a standard o2 Pay-as-go sim card in it....so no 3G and therefore no GPS either...only WiFi internet works also.

Last edited by iMack007; 08-28-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:52 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaggi View Post
has anyone tied using universal-sim?

UNIVERSAL-SIM — The ultimate universal unlock SIM
Universal Sim works stable on T-Mobile USA... When you restart your phone you have to turn off 3g/roaming and when you get a signal turn on it again... If you do not need Edge you do not have to do anything, and it works perfect...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:13 PM
What's Jailbreak?

For real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdom111 View Post
Universal Sim works stable on T-Mobile USA... When you restart your phone you have to turn off 3g/roaming and when you get a signal turn on it again... If you do not need Edge you do not have to do anything, and it works perfect...
Interesting..thanks for your feedback.

So are you saying that the Universal Sim works perfectly and there are no issues with T-Mobile USA at all..and 3G works too or not?

I'm in the UK and think out T-Mobile 3G works on a different frequency to yours.

Just wondering if there are any UK iPhone 3G owners who have successfully unlocked theirs to work with T-Mobile's 3G network and can use the web 'n walk data plan and A-GPS with Google Maps etc?

Thanks for any feedback guys.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 3g 2.0.2 jailbroken
Operating System: mac os x 10.5.4

I received the any-network.com device today and working great so far with Vodafone UK - will report back if any problems come up...

See screengrab below - Vodafone UK with 3G !

Last edited by gavjs; 08-28-2008 at 04:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gavjs For This Useful Post:
iMack007 (08-30-2008)
Old 08-28-2008, 06:46 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Dunno which is best but this one works. Thought I share.

I did it today. sim unlock from Brando worked as claimed.

pics here...

Paid $20 for the sim unlock plus just $3 shipping, arrived in 9 days.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:20 PM

anyone tried the hypersim from HyperSim Store Home Page ?? Its only $13 and doesnt require you to cut your sim card... sounds too good to be true... and yessim says that they released a new version(final version) that suposouly works better now... I hate this! Why cant they just work like they did in the first iPhones... whats with the losing signal complaints after a few days?! Just got a new 3G 16 gig white.. and dying to use it... no 3G for tmobile, but the GPS works.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 3g 2.0.2 jailbroken
Operating System: mac os x 10.5.4

The one thing I like about the Any-Network v2 device (just recently released) was that no cutting of sim card was required - just place device into tray then place sim on top. Ever so slightly tricky to get into phone but sim tray now seems to come in and out relatively easily.

PS - I dont work for them and will update if I have any negative experiences. Today is first day out and about and 3g / calls / text all working great !
Old 08-29-2008, 08:13 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavjs View Post
The one thing I like about the Any-Network v2 device (just recently released) was that no cutting of sim card was required - just place device into tray then place sim on top. Ever so slightly tricky to get into phone but sim tray now seems to come in and out relatively easily.

PS - I dont work for them and will update if I have any negative experiences. Today is first day out and about and 3g / calls / text all working great !
Looks interesting.

But IMHO $60USD for adapter + shipping etc. looks extremely high for such device...

I am testing Universal-SIM adapters.

Agree that cutting a sim a little bit of a work but will take 2 min max.

I was able to get T-Mobile connection and GPRS/EDGE network using Universal-SIM.

Cannot get to 3G hence there no coverage in my area.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:26 AM

Can anyone recommend anything for 3G iPhone on a US Tmobile account? I know the 3G network isn't compatible so I just need phone, SMS and edge working. Any suggestions/success stories or ones that don't work?
Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i can tell you for sure not to get any version of I-sim from ebay, even the "NEW" black version dont work with t-mobile, i will try Universal Sim next, just need to find a place where to buy one in US
Old 08-29-2008, 12:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I use an XSIM (:: www.super-xsim.com - Home ::) with an AT&T 3G and a German Vodafone SIM. I accidentaly updated the phone to firmware 2.02 today, used Quickpwn to activate it (with FW 2.0, wasn't aware that the iTunes restore function would also update the FW) and it still works
I'm not sure whether 3G works though, sitting at home atm with WiFi, still need to try 3G.

Edit: It also works with iTunes 7.7.1 now, where it only worked with 7.7 before (using Vista 64 and OS X). I don't know whether this is due to Quickpwn or the 2.02 firmware, but it being due to the firmware wouldn't make any sense actually.

Last edited by Nickel020; 08-29-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 PM

What's the problem with cutting SIM ? You ain't gonna hurt it. lol
Old 08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

cutting the card wount hurt it, but make sure you check with a card manifacturer if it works with your provider.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavjs View Post
I received the any-network.com device today and working great so far with Vodafone UK - will report back if any problems come up...

See screengrab below - Vodafone UK with 3G !

Great news gavjs!! Thanks for that. How's it been going? Any signal loss out of the ordinary or 3G problems? Does your GPS function well (as was intended)?

Where did you get this any-network.com device and how much was it? Could you possibly check if a UK T_Mobile sim works just as well with it (if you have access to one or happen to be passing a T-Mobile shop).

This sounds like the solution for me and a couple of friends who have locked 3G iPhones. Please let us know.

Does Vodafone use the same frequency for 3G as T-Mob here in the UK? Anybody know the answer to this one please.

Sorry about the multitude of questions, but I gotta be sure as there are quite a few of us ready to invest and we're all on prior contracts with T-Mobile UK.

Thanks for feedback and help.

Thanks to evryone else for your feedback too.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone Modding > Unlocking / Activation