HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pwnage PwnageTool is a brilliant application which allows you to "pwn" your iPhone and allow it to accept custom firwares, which can be jailbroken/unlocked/etc. By the Dev Team.

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
What's Jailbreak?

changing boot logos after 2.0.2 quickpwn

Last night I did the 2.0.2 quickpwn on my 3g and swapped the pineapple logo in the directory with a different .png file. After the jailbreak I had no boot logo at all. Any way I can switch the bootlogo without re-pwning? The only method I've seen says to use the custom logo tool in winpwn to update them, but it's greyed out in v2.0.0.4.

Any ideas?
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Edition

download the original quickpwn w/o gui and right click the appropriate .bat file and edit the string where you see logo.png and restore.png. if you delete those two things including teh -b.... then you will have the default apple logo. here is what my .bat file looks like. just copy paste if you're using it for 2g.

@echo off

if exist "iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" goto good
goto notgood

:good

quickpwn "iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw" m68ap Cydia.tar.gz

goto done

:notgood
echo ERROR: iPhone1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw not found!

:done
pause

Thats the procedure if you want to keep the default logo. If you want to change the logo, just replace the logo.png file with whatever you want (following proper guidelines or making boot logo of course...) and just quickpwn it again. It takes literally 5 minutes and just jailbreaks your phone again. You won't lose anything.

Last edited by gsbedi; 08-19-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G firmware 2.0.2
Operating System: Vista...it sucks but it's getting better

This does not work. I have tried like 10 times. Is there something I am missing?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g f.w.2.02 Jailbroken

I had the same exact problem as you. I used the quickgui to jailbreak my v. 2.02 iphone and it worked! but the pinapple boot logo just disturbed me. After a while of researching i found this thread and did as the other guy above me said (using the command-line version of quickpwn) and it worked. I dont know what you should do...see if you are saving the edit after your done changing the lines or if your editing the right file. Oh and also make sure your clicking on the right .bat file when you go to re-jailbreak your iPhone.

If all else fails here's the file i used. Just click on the iPhone 3g icon, and follow the command line instructions.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

P.S. i just realized your (chris) info says ur using firmware 1.1.4...make sure you update fully to 2.02
Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM

Thanks for letting me know about my info. I am currently on 2.0.2. I have the 3G iphone and have not changed that yet. Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated
Old 08-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Green Apple

Ok, I figured out how to do this but you do have to rePwn it. First off, not just any .png will work. It must have a transparency layer and it will add in the black background automatically. For example, the first attached iPhoneLinux.png image will not work but the second logo.png will work and will make the same boot logo in the end. Click on the 2nd image to see what I mean about transparency as the thumbnail system on this forum also adds in a black background. Feel free to use the logo.png and recovery.png files I have attached if you wish.

What you need to do if you have already pwned is re-pwn your iPhone again. Load up QuickPwnGUI120 and do not go any further. When the program executes it will create a folder with all of the program files in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp\RarSFX1 and in that folder you should see a logo.png and recovery.png. Replace those with the proper .png files of your choosing. Then go back to QuickPwn and continue as normal, leaving the 'replace boot logos' option checked.

Hope that helps!
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by 4nic8tor; 08-23-2008 at 11:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4nic8tor For This Useful Post:
chris52204 (08-23-2008)
Old 08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 16gb v2.0.2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional Edition

Is there a way to SSH a boot logo in? I've tried to do the other methods, and they're just to messy for me. There has to be an easier way. Code changes always f*$& me up.

No matter what you do to your iPod internally, you can ALWAYS restore it.
(Sure it's a pain in the @$$, but I don't want to hear any more, "ZOMG! MY IPOD IS BROKEN FOREVER")
Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 PM

Thanks 4nic8tor,
this worked. I guess that is what I have been doing wrong by not putting a transparent background logo.png. Thanks now I am happy!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nic8tor View Post
Ok, I figured out how to do this but you do have to rePwn it. First off, not just any .png will work. It must have a transparency layer and it will add in the black background automatically. For example, the first attached iPhoneLinux.png image will not work but the second logo.png will work and will make the same boot logo in the end. Click on the 2nd image to see what I mean about transparency as the thumbnail system on this forum also adds in a black background. Feel free to use the logo.png and recovery.png files I have attached if you wish.

What you need to do if you have already pwned is re-pwn your iPhone again. Load up QuickPwnGUI120 and do not go any further. When the program executes it will create a folder with all of the program files in Cocuments and SettingsUsernameLocal SettingsTempRarSFX1 and in that folder you should see a logo.png and recovery.png. Replace those with the proper .png files of your choosing. Then go back to QuickPwn and continue as normal, leaving the 'replace boot logos' option checked.

Hope that helps!
hey what version of windows are you using, I can't follow that file path to find the folder.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Green Apple

That is on WindowsXP...not sure where temporary app data would be on other versions. Just launch quickpwn and then run a search on your c drive for 'RarSFX1'. Also, it is a hidden file so you may need to go into 'Folder Options' and select 'show hidden files and folders' (or something like that).
Old 08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0.2
Operating System: Vista x64 / OS X Leopard
Location for Vista

For Vista, the files are in the following location:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\RarSFX0

%LOCALAPPDATA% = C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local

Last edited by PHOKUS; 08-27-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 1.1.1
Operating System: No Computer, Iphone Only

Doesnt work on vista.

Keep getting the "PwnApple"

EDIT

all i get is a blank screen.

Thanks
Touch Theater. Nuff Said

Picture is my Dev Team thank you. This site wouldn't even be possible without the DEV Team.
Old Today, 01:17 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 2.0.2
Operating System: Vista x64 / OS X Leopard

It seems that the Transparency is a requirement within the image. I got a black screen with my boot logo. I then opened the image and made 1 pixel ( the bottom left corner in my case) transparent and it worked just fine.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > Pwnage