HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > iPhone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

MMi Super Contest | 30 winners! Over $1500 in Prizes! Enter Today!

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.0.2 otb now 1.1.4 3.9bl used ziphone2.5c
Operating System: mac tiger OSX

thanks guy!!!! installing now.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:01 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3
Operating System: Windows

what if i wanna uninstall cydia? how would i go about that

Last edited by TriniBoi; 02-29-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: curious
Old 02-29-2008, 12:03 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Excellent Saurik. You were already rocking with the Java for iPhone man. Now you are a Star!!
Old 02-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Livin the iPhone Life

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.3 BL 3.9 unlocked and iphone 1.1.2 otb unlocked
Operating System: Vista ultimate

awesome app
Old 02-29-2008, 12:15 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS x 10.5.2

thats hottttttttttttttttt
Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.4
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2

how do we uninstall it? not that i want to, and whats with the fake bsd do i have to instal it or uninstall the bsd subsystem?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:58 AM
francis

For now, just like the BSD Subsystem, you can only reinstall Cydia Packager, not uninstall. About the Fake BSD, I agree that it requires better explanation, and here it is:

Quite a few applications on Installer require the BSD Subsystem, Cydia Packager provides better versions of exactly the same files as BSD Subsystem, now if you start out fresh, and install Cydia without having BSD, Installer.app repos don't know that you have these files because BSD isn't installed, but you DO have these files because they came with Cydia. So in this situation, you would install Fake BSD in order to trick installer into thinking you have BSD, and allow applications that require it to install properly.

Note: If you have previously installed BSD Subsystem, you do NOT need Fake BSD, because Installer.app still thinks BSD is installed, and you're fine.

Also, do not reinstall or update BSD Subsystem after installing Cydia, as this will break Cydia, you will never need BSD again after installing it, so don't worry about it

I'd also like to point out that Cydia comes with a working 'passwd' utility, so you can now safely change your SSH password without breaking your phone!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to francis For This Useful Post:
chronzz (02-29-2008), jasonm253 (02-29-2008), jatatla (02-29-2008), zedeff (02-29-2008)
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iphone (1.1.4)
Operating System: WindowXP(Home)

Incredible......Wonderfull.....Excellent....Marval ous.......Mindblowing....extraordinary and Awesome....Pl keep it up..........

Pl can somebody tell...does it conflict with INSTALLER,if both together..?
Thankx

Last edited by jatatla; 02-29-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Green Apple

Thanks a lot Saurik I read your entire page and I am just amazed that in just one month you were able to make this happen you really deserve a Nobel price in that though! props for you mate and btw you and the developers have done much more for the iPhone than apple itself I trully salute you lads and I take my hat off for you,poetic Foley,cash,Ryan "take the plunge" Christopher expert in new firmware testings and the rest of the developers.

Apple should really think about hiring such incredible people like you,the dev team and zibri you lads are one of a kind!....

Cheers,eh!

Ps: btw if I want to uninstall Cydia how would I be able to do that,eh? I know If I do that I'll have to reinstall bsd subsystem again.

Last edited by maritimeswimmer; 02-29-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: 2.01 unlocked waiting for winpwn
Send a message via AIM to jasonm253

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis View Post
For now, just like the BSD Subsystem, you can only reinstall Cydia Packager, not uninstall. About the Fake BSD, I agree that it requires better explanation, and here it is:

Quite a few applications on Installer require the BSD Subsystem, Cydia Packager provides better versions of exactly the same files as BSD Subsystem, now if you start out fresh, and install Cydia without having BSD, Installer.app repos don't know that you have these files because BSD isn't installed, but you DO have these files because they came with Cydia. So in this situation, you would install Fake BSD in order to trick installer into thinking you have BSD, and allow applications that require it to install properly.

Note: If you have previously installed BSD Subsystem, you do NOT need Fake BSD, because Installer.app still thinks BSD is installed, and you're fine.

Also, do not reinstall or update BSD Subsystem after installing Cydia, as this will break Cydia, you will never need BSD again after installing it, so don't worry about it

I'd also like to point out that Cydia comes with a working 'passwd' utility, so you can now safely change your SSH password without breaking your phone!

I was going to ask a question about this and i appreciate the answer before asking man!
Digg StumbleUpon <a href="http://del.icio.us/post?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.modmyifone.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php&t=39401&title=Rock Out With Your Cydia Out" title="Bookmark this post on del.icio.us." rel=