• 08-28-2008 | 10:54 PM
  • minhwan Posts: 9
  • I'd buy a macro lens for my camera :P
  • 08-28-2008 | 11:31 PM
  • fonz06 Posts: 30
  • nice
  • 08-29-2008 | 01:20 AM
  • iBwizzle Posts: 53
  • I know this is off subject, but anybody who sold there first gen iPhone just to buy a 3G iPhone is a retard in my opinion! Still no mms, video record, fash, copy and paste, and the damn list goes on! Watch Apple release another version of the iPhone next year in June.
  • 08-29-2008 | 02:31 AM
  • joshysquashy Posts: 136
  • Quote de iBwizzle
    I know this is off subject, but anybody who sold there first gen iPhone just to buy a 3G iPhone is a retard in my opinion! Still no mms, video record, fash, copy and paste, and the damn list goes on! Watch Apple release another version of the iPhone next year in June.
    Some people are happy with the features of the iPhone, I for one love browsing the web and my emails on the go.

And there is no other phone like the iPhone, no other interface, no other multi-touch.

I sold my old iPhone and bought the iPhone 3G, and made £100 profit!

Am I a retard?!
  • 08-29-2008 | 04:28 AM
  • cheesecakezz Posts: 21
  • anybody have an idea of what theme he's using?
  • 08-29-2008 | 04:43 AM
  • ultimatexpka Posts: 197
  • all that does is zoom it in, what if i wana zoom out? reopen and redo it psh... im not doing it... u do it... -.-
  • 08-29-2008 | 06:52 AM
  • Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar Napoleon_PhoneApart Posts: 842
  • Quote de iBwizzle
    I know this is off subject, but anybody who sold there first gen iPhone just to buy a 3G iPhone is a retard in my opinion! Still no mms, video record, fash, copy and paste, and the damn list goes on! Watch Apple release another version of the iPhone next year in June.
    And the June after that, and the June after that, and the June...

Some of us have our reasons for buying the 3G after owning a generation 1.
  • 08-29-2008 | 08:07 AM
  • eg6motion Posts: 200
  • Quote de iBwizzle
    anyone who DIDN'T upgrade to the new iphone 3G is retarded, considering you were able to sell your 1st gen for MORE than the 16GB iphone 3G. I made money by upgrading to the 3G, and now I have 3G and GPS. Aside from stupid blanket statements, if you preferred the look and functions of the newer 3G model then it would have been a smart choice to upgrade to the 3G. I think the 1st gen is a better quality phone in terms of construction, but the 3G model seems to have better edge reception and increased functionality.
  • 08-29-2008 | 09:19 AM
  • basik19 Posts: 4
  • Quote de cheesecakezz
    anybody have an idea of what theme he's using?
    I believe that theme is called "Illuminated" which has 4 different wallpapers depending on the time of day.
  • 08-29-2008 | 03:55 PM
  • cheesecakezz Posts: 21
  • awesome thanks
  • Today | 09:58 AM
  • alias_neo Posts: 93
  • This is a great idea, as it really really bugged me not being able to have macro photos. I wouldn't try and take my iphone apart but it gave me an idea to use a small manifying glass I had as below.(I found this in a childrens science kit. - Couldn't get a macro photo of it for obvious reasons)

The miniature magnifying glass next to a British 1p piece:
    Click the image to open in full size.

And some pictures taken on my iphone with and without the glass:

MCE Remote:
    Without
    With

Trident Chewing gum:

Without
    With

Watch:
    Without

With

The point is, it's clearly a very simple solution. You need a better focused lens. If you can find anything to take the lens out of, perhaps you could put it in a holder or attach it to your iphone case somehow in a removable fashion to give you "macro" shots. I for one will carry this little magnifying glass around until i work a removable alternative. Great idea. THanks for hte heads up.
  • Today | 10:07 AM
  • J_Marley Posts: 40
  • Seems to me that if someone really wanted to, it would be interesting to make an attachment piece to the lens and a modified case shell that had a log wheel or scroll wheel to adjust the focus manually even after that case was closed. Just a thought of course...
Return to Top