HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Owner / Founder - ModMyiFone

Device + Firmware: iPhone | 1.1.2 | 1.1.3
Operating System: OS X | XP | Sabayon
Thanked 13,536 Times in 297 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cash7c3 Send a message via MSN to cash7c3 Send a message via Yahoo to cash7c3
Security Flaw in iPhones to be Fixed in September

The security flaw in firmware versions 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 that we covered earlier this week is going to be patched in a firmware update by Apple in September.

In an email to MacWorld Apple representitive Jennifer Bowcock aknowledged the security flaw saying “The minor iPhone security issue which surfaced this week is fixed in a software update which will be released in September.”

Bowcock also offered the same advice we did to iPhone users concerned with the security flaw. You can set you double tap the home button to take you to the home screen. This way the double tap will take you to the lock screen, which is the homes creen when your iPhone is locked.

If you aren't familiar with this security flaw first, password protect your phone and lock it. Then slide to unlock and do this:

1. Tap emergency call.
2. Double tap the home button.

Done. You are now in your favorites. This seems like a feature, because you may want to have emergency number in your favorites for quick dial. The security problem here is double. The first: anyone picking up your phone can make a call to anyone in your favorites. On top of that, this also opens access to your full Address Book, the dial keypad, and your voice mail.

[via macworld]

Last edited by cash7c3; Yesterday at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone: 1.1.4, 2.0
Operating System: Windows Vista, Red Hat, Ubuntu

Well thats good. Kinda weird that this flaw happened. Not a lot of changes happened between 2.0 and 2.0.1 that I remember.
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.2 QuickPwned
Operating System: XP and Vista

Cool, saw it on iClarified as well, 2.1 better be a really good update

Last edited by A.T; Yesterday at 04:23 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

of course, if you've got your phone set up to go to the ipod controls on a home-button double tap (which is nice because it will pop up the ipod controls with the phone locked), this "backdoor" will only take you to the ipod controls.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8g 1.1.3 JB customize. SMB. ,,!,,
Operating System: Vista 64 bit! HA NO VIRUSES!! take that apple!

2.0.0 does the same thing i just tried it out...
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

another firmware in september? what is it with Apple? I used to think they released qulaity bug free OS'. I guess its not the same anymore. Hopefully they'll add a video recordin feature and MMS as i have no problems with this security flaw. I set mine to "ipod controls"
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2G 8GB 2.0.1, iPhone 3G 16GB 2.0.1 (winpwn)
Operating System: XP SP3

I just love my iPhone, don't care about firmware updates, unless they mess with my Cydia and Installer.
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.2 QuickPwned
Operating System: XP and Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj1888 View Post
of course, if you've got your phone set up to go to the ipod controls on a home-button double tap (which is nice because it will pop up the ipod controls with the phone locked), this "backdoor" will only take you to the ipod controls.
It only works if you've got the settings to "Favourites". Otherwise your fine

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News