HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Cell Phone Reception

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News What's the latest news? Check it out here. Grab Our News RSS Feed

Discuss AppStore Apps! | MMi Cydia Repo Download Stats

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

2.0 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Windows | iPhone 3G Detailed Review w/Pics! | Developers - Port Your Apps to 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 01:32 AM
MMi Writer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0
Operating System: Windows XP
Orange hires actors for Polish iPhone 3G launch!!

Seems that there's one more part of the world except the poles where people are disinterested in iPhones. Also, seems that the polish people think of iPhone to be useless.

Yes, you heard that right. Due to being distressed by the failure launch of iPhone 3G in Poland and really less crowd, Orange had to hire actors to line-up for the iPhone 3G launch to get some respect and attract some Media.

Even the Polish T-Mobile stores having the iPhone 3G doesn't have any rush in their stores.

So, how low can carriers go to sell their phone? This is just an example, wait for more like this.

Here's a video of those actors from Gazeta if you can understand Polish.

[Engadget via Gazeta & AppleBlog.pl]
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by sayam; 08-22-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:47 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Useless in what way I wonder.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:29 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1
Operating System: Vista,and,XP
Send a message via AIM to sikdaz Send a message via MSN to sikdaz Send a message via Yahoo to sikdaz

boo hoo! 2nd gen rocks!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Green Apple

I'm gonna post this without trying to offend anyone. If you feel offended, I'm sorry, but it surely isn't my intention to do so. Since I'm a European myself (mediterranean, to be precise) I feel I can open up further the discussion.

It's a known fact that a company who intends to sell its product in Europe has to set up a completely different marketing strategy from the US one. Europeans are deemed to be less prone to products which are overhyped (just like the iPhone for example). If you followed the worldwide news the only queues on 11 July to buy the iphone were registered mostly in the US and we've barely heard of any queues in the UK, Germany, Italy or France.

And finally, let's admit it... it's a bit stupid to wait for hours in line when you can wait a couple of days or weeks and get it later in a more relaxed way. It kinda screams 'tech-slave'.

Last edited by lente; 08-22-2008 at 02:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lente For This Useful Post:
mbaharvard (08-23-2008), tattoojack (08-23-2008)
Old 08-22-2008, 02:38 AM
MMi Writer

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0

I think you are right.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:46 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lente View Post
If you followed the worldwide news the only queues on 11 July to buy the iphone were registered mostly in the US and we've barely heard of any queues in the UK, Germany, Italy or France.
I must have been in a different UK on July 11th. The queues in my hometown were impressive for the size of the town, at 09:00 for CPW and O2 store. Both sold out in minutes.
I went into Birmingham to find more queues outside O2 stores etc, and a big queue at the Apple store despite the fact they couldn't sell the phones. People were still queueing at Apple Birmingham at 17:00. The only reasons queues didn't continue at O2 stores was the fact they sold out of 16 gigs so quickly. Although I admit buying an 8gig that afternoon would have been a queueless affair.

Last edited by Gajet; 08-22-2008 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:22 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Actresses, you say?

That must be why I would give the just about every female in that line a good penising.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:34 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizo View Post
Actresses, you say?

That must be why I would give the just about every female in that line a good penising.
lol @ penising
Old 08-22-2008, 04:48 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizo View Post
Actresses, you say?

I wouldn't penis them, maybe a quick teabagging but I don't want to catch something.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:45 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G
Operating System: Windows Vista

Hi guys
This is my first post here. I'm Polish and want to add some spice to this news, about ORANGE in my Country.
I live and work in UK where average incomes are around 2000 pounds a month (not sure, but around I think) and here I got my 18 month contract for iPhone from O2 for 45 pounds/month included 1200min, 500 SMS and 1 GB monthly internet allowance and I pay for iPhone 16GB - 59 pounds
http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/paymonthly

I pay total for contract in O2 in UK:
869 pounds included 21600 min and 9000 massages

In Poland average income are around 800 pounds but its only so high because some mangers in Poland having crazy wages, but common people incomes are 500 a month.
Now in Polish ORANGE you can have contract
contract 36 months! 400min 270min inside network, 1050 sms, 2GB internet allowance will cost you 60 pound/month and you can have your iPhone for 1 polish zloty
http://www.orange.pl/portal/map/map/...ONE_TARYFY_IND

Pay total for contract in ORANGE in Poland:
2160 pounds included 14,400 free min and 9720 inside Orange min, 37,800 sms

no comments

Last edited by woytas; 08-22-2008 at 07:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to woytas For This Useful Post:
mbaharvard (08-23-2008)
Old 08-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: Iphone 1.1.4
Operating System: XP

wow... ok... nice way of us know how life is in Poland... The average pay in UK is $4K?
Is that after taxes and insurance? I make 100K here and my take home after taxes and insurance and state Tax is just over 4K... and I thought I was high-end here...

London's calling... I am out y'all
Old 08-22-2008, 07:52 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
wow... ok... nice way of us know how life is in Poland... The average pay in UK is $4K?
Is that after taxes and insurance? I make 100K here and my take home after taxes and insurance and state Tax is just over 4K... and I thought I was high-end here...

London's calling... I am out y'all
While I'm sure you take a bit more home then $4K a month with a $100K yearly income, you are very close to target.

You can thank Uncle Sam for the lack of a social sub-system and high military taxes in the U.S.

When I was living in Germany I was making ca. $42K a year and still took home just bellow $3K a month. This is after VAT/Taxes, manditory insurance, development taxes, urbanization deductions, etc.
And the beauty was that no more money was going out of pocket towards those things.

In the U.S., after you get a third of your income deducted for various things, you are still left with insurance deductibles, road/bridge/tunnel tolls, local taxes, etc.

With insurance, going to a doctor in the U.S. is still a luxury under current conditions. Crossing bridges costs you between $3-$10 and traveling on interstate highways/thruways costs you tolls. (I live in NYC but when I was upstate, cost was still very similar yet income is generally lower).

That's what "the best military in the world" will cost you.....:sigh: silly Americans.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emir S. For This Useful Post:
mbaharvard (08-23-2008)
Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G
Operating System: Windows Vista

I'm not sure about this figures but look here
National Statistics Online

800 pounds in Poland is a S/F too, because they usually checking
big cities. I personally know more Poles incomes as 350 pounds.
London calling - I don't think so, I'm thinking to leave London now
and look for work in maybe Dubai, Shanghai etc.
Incomes like 2000 pounds nett per month are OK but look how
much you need to spend money for flat, food and other essentials.
Average rent 1 bed flat in London including gas, electric, council tax
will cost you 1000 pounds a month.
BTW London is a **** hole - trust me

Last edited by woytas; 08-22-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.2 QuickPwned
Operating System: XP and Vista

I just want to work at Aston Martin and make a big wad of cash then go on a proper iPhone contract which isn't bad value anyway on O2-UK.

Hmmmm now only if we could get Land Rover/Range Rover, Jaguar, Bentley and Rolls Royce back to being full British instead of just the cars being made here
Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Green Apple

Who cares? #1, it's Poland and #2, it's friggin' POLAND! I'm sure Poland is one of the world's top markets for smart phones.... Apple's stock is gonna take a big hit because of this news.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > ModMyiFone > News