Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Help iliberty bricked my phone???

• 07-29-2008 | 03:05 PM
  • adellefowler Posts: 4
  • Hi All

I'm new to this site and hope you can help me

I tried to unlock my iphone with iliberty and I'm having big problems. It tried to reboot it and didn't work. itunes then kept saying that my phone was in reboot mood but iliberty thought it wasn't.

My phone is now stuck on the screen which shows itunes and the usb lead. I have tried to restore but it says error can not restore in itunes. also tried ibricker and it says phone not connected.???????????????????????????????????????? ??

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!

Thanks

Adelle xx
  • 07-29-2008 | 03:19 PM
  • hiflyer Posts: 317
  • Follow these instructions to put your phone into DFU mode:

1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down for 10 seconds
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or less, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore back to 1.1.4 and then do the iliberty+ jailbreak again.

Last edited by hiflyer; 07-29-2008 at 03:26 PM.
  • 07-29-2008 | 03:39 PM
  • it's saying itunes has detected iphone in recovery mode. i tried to restore but it says error unable to restore. i'm just trying it again now.

any other suggestions?? any advice greatly appreciated x thanks x
  • 07-29-2008 | 03:47 PM
  • Poseidon79's Avatar Poseidon79 Posts: 1,959
  • What error code does it give you? What firmware are on on... and what firmware are you trying to retsore with?
  • 07-30-2008 | 03:45 AM
  • it just says itunes has deducted an iphone in recovery mode. you must restore your phone before you can use it with itunes.

i then restore and it says your iphone could not be restored an unknown error occured.

i had some luck yesterday where i did a restore and then it started to work again, not properly though it was saying enter unlocked sim etc like iliberty had worked but didn't recognise the sim and the menu wouldn't come up and itunes was saying sim not recognised. so tried to get iliberty to work again and i'm back to the same stage again!!!! i have my phone stuck on the screen with the itunes and usb symbols. doesn't seem to go into restore mood properly.

i'm on newest itunes 7.7 i think.

HELP!!!

A x

i forgot to say i also tried to use ibricker but it didn't register that I had my phone plugged in

thanks

Last edited by adellefowler; 07-30-2008 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-04-2008 | 07:58 PM
  • dino2620 Posts: 6
  • I am in the exact same situation. I have a 1st gen iphone and I cannot restore to any firmware (custom or standard). I am stuck in the screen with usb cord connect to itunes. I beleive my iphone is currently running 2.0 firmware, although I am not sure. I have tried everything.. dfu restores, non-dfu restores, itunes 7.5/7.7, pwnage tool 2.0.0.3, ibrickr, downgrading 2.0 to 1.1.4 following trustworthy tutorials.... nothing seems to work. Everytime I try to restore to any firmware I get an unknown error ussually in the 1600s. Ive been trying to get my iphone working for the past 3 days with no success, by this point I am ready to give up.

Any ideas will greatly be appreciated.
  • 08-05-2008 | 08:46 AM
  • lostinrio Posts: 2
  • Quote de hiflyer
    Follow these instructions to put your phone into DFU mode:

1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down for 10 seconds
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or less, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore back to 1.1.4 and then do the iliberty+ jailbreak again.
    sorry, am a newbie really to this stuff and am having all of the same problems with my 16gb former generation iphone...updated to 2.0, itunes 7.7 and used latest iliberty and having all of the same symptoms posted recently...my QUESTION is, can i actually restore to 1.1.4 using my current version of itunes? i am totally confused on this point...if not, are we just plain stuck until iliberty sorts us all out? as i posted earlier, they don't have their 'live' support running, ever and they don't respond to any emails asking for help...would totally appreciate any insight, thanks for your help..i am new to the fourm and can tell that this is a great resource
  • 08-05-2008 | 09:12 AM
  • dirtybird1977's Avatar dirtybird1977 Posts: 381
  • Please tell me why all of you used iLiberty to jailbreak and unlock iPhones with firware 2.0?

iLiberty does not support FW 2.0

You need to use the Pwnage tool. Make sure you are using the correct tool for either a Mac or PC.
  • 08-11-2008 | 08:27 PM
  • BADLIFE911 Posts: 1
  • I have used iliberty on three outher phones for at&t and tmobile and every thing worked but now i have a frind and his phone is at slide for emergancy call and i cant get itunes to restore it and iliberty isnot showing that it is connected so it is 1.1.4 firmwhere and i tryed to put it in dfu mode and im stuck now
  • 08-12-2008 | 02:44 PM
  • cartman13 Posts: 102
  • i doubt you will get much help here. you need to tell people what firmware you are on, what you were on when trying to do the iLiberty stunt. What os you are using, what version of the tool you were using, and what verision of iTunes ect.

Also, you should be sure about these things. The answers you will get depend on this info. Noone will waste time if they don't have specifics. My guess is this has probably been covered somewhere, but w/o spcifics it's hard to tell.
  • 09-04-2008 | 07:48 PM
  • qnc Posts: 25
  • remove itunes 7.7 completely remove any .dll also.

install 7.5 or 7.6
    get phone into dfu mode
    restore firmware to 1.1.4
    Try iliberty again.

as state above iliberty+ does not work with 2.0 this is for 1.1.x firmware.

this worked for me.
Return to Top