HomeStoreForumsWikiiPhone Native AppsiPhone Apps modmyifone Downloadsmodmyifone Links

Free 3G iPhone Contest!
Unlocked Cell Phones

Go Back   iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General
Register FAQ Members List READ THIS Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General General jailbreaking, downgrading, and upgrading topics belong in here.

Work Opportunities at MMi - updated 6/29/08 | Discuss AppStore Apps!

Get more out of ModMyiFone by joining our free community. By registering you get privileges to download files from our downloads section and you may also post your questions in our forums! It's fast, free, and easy!

3G iPhone Local Launch Parties | 1.1.4 Unlock|Jailbreak OS X / Win | Win Free 3G iPhones!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Green Apple

ONe click 1.1.1 jailbreaking for OS X

Go get it at http://cashflowlogic.com/iPhoneJailBreak.html

MAKE SURE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. You are an unmoddified 1.1.1
2. You do not have iTunes open
3. You have the iJailbreak FOLDER installed in your Applications folder (and it has a "resources" folder inside it
4. You run the Safari crash without unplugging and plugging in the iPhone (leave it plugged in the whole time)
5. You do not do anything else with the phone after it crashes
6. And maybe as an extra step, you restart the phone before you start all of this.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrissurra For This Useful Post:
claptrap (10-19-2007), darkway (11-15-2007), erica1 (02-25-2008), Portdogmc (10-17-2007)
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Green Apple

does this work?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:48 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp02ed View Post
does this work?
What happened when you tried it?

The ipod Touch version seems to have had a lot of success, minor issues for the folks that tried it on the iPhone, I'm assuming this version has those bugs cleared up. I'm already jailbroke on 1.1.1, and don't feel like doing a restore just to test this.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Green Apple

i did this and all went perfectly, took about 10-15 min. i guess. But my only problem is that installer seems to have no sources. nothing shows up to install of update.... HELP

EDIT: nvm i restarted installer and now everything shows up like normal.!!!! YAY thanks for this ijailbreak for iphone

Last edited by Portdogmc; 10-17-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 - Jailbroken
Operating System: MacBook OSX 10.4.11

just tried it, worked like a charm!

3rd party apps... here i come
Old 10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
What's Jailbreak?

this program works GREAT!!! There is also an option to put any apps you want on the phone
Old 10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Maybe I was impatient, but when I followed the instructions nothing happened and iJailbreak froze. The iPhone acted like nothing was happening after the Safari crash. I force-quitted iJailbreak and my phone is still where it was prior to trying this (e.g., unmodified and still at 1.1.1). Should I have waited longer, even though nothing seemed to be happening with my iPhone? I'm afraid to risk this again.

p.s. I am using a new iPhone from Apple after my previously Jailbroken 1.0.1 iPhone had hardware problems (unrelated to the 3rd party apps). I was glad to get a replacement phone but not too excited to lose out on the 3rd party apps when they gave me the 1.1.1 phone.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Is this programm only for intel macs? I have a ppc and install it but didn't tryed yet
Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Pwned 1.1.4 iPhone
Operating System: Leopard

So the website you go to is that website that runs the Tiff exploit thing? Does it just install installer by itself?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1.1.3 - Jailbroken
Operating System: MacBook OSX 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
So the website you go to is that website that runs the Tiff exploit thing? Does it just install installer by itself?
yes it does run the tiff exloit.

yes, the program ijailbreak installs installer for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguyincali
Maybe I was impatient, but when I followed the instructions nothing happened and iJailbreak froze. The iPhone acted like nothing was happening after the Safari crash. I force-quitted iJailbreak and my phone is still where it was prior to trying this (e.g., unmodified and still at 1.1.1). Should I have waited longer, even though nothing seemed to be happening with my iPhone? I'm afraid to risk this again.

your phone will look like it is doing nothing, be patient it is working, but it can take about 10-15 min
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 AM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: Pwned 1.1.4 iPhone
Operating System: Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbrn View Post
yes it does run the tiff exloit.

yes, the program ijailbreak installs installer for you...
Great thank you!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post

3. You have the iJailbreak FOLDER installed in your Applications folder (and it has a "resources" folder inside it
just to clarify: this folder comes from downloading the zip, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
4. You run the Safari crash without unplugging and plugging in the iPhone (leave it plugged in the whole time)
and the jailbreak forces the safari crash, yes? i mean, this isn't some additional thing i need to do?
Old 10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
What's Jailbreak?

OK people... it worked great. Just have to be patient while the little thingy spins. I don't understand why this program isn't being publicized more. I mean the whole 32 step process of downgrading then upgrading, terminal commands, permissions, doing a little dance, etc. is for really dedicated power geeks who have no problem taking the risk. I keep seeing posts and "guides" for doing it the old way and I just don't get it. This program is perfect for what it does.

One thing I noticed today, however, is that my battery got worn down quite a bit where its only 2:30pm and I've already been told I have 20% left. I wonder if it is because I've been goofing off and adding applications via installer and playing with them all day. Hopefully, that is it.

-JP
Old 10-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Green Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguyincali View Post
OK people... it worked great. Just have to be patient while the little thingy spins. I don't understand why this program isn't being publicized more. I mean the whole 32 step process of downgrading then upgrading, terminal commands, permissions, doing a little dance, etc. is for really dedicated power geeks who have no problem taking the risk. I keep seeing posts and "guides" for doing it the old way and I just don't get it. This program is perfect for what it does.

One thing I noticed today, however, is that my battery got worn down quite a bit where its only 2:30pm and I've already been told I have 20% left. I wonder if it is because I've been goofing off and adding applications via installer and playing with them all day. Hopefully, that is it.

-JP
apps could do it, as could SSH being on constantly. do you have 'services' installed from installer? you can turn your SSH off through that. might help.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Gonna give that a shot. SSH should really only be on when you absolutely need it. On an unrelated note, has anyone noticed that ringtones installed via iToner for 1.1.1 are wiped out during sync?

Also, Summerboard Alpha seems to work ok, although not as great as the original.

iPhone Forums at ModMyiFone.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. > IPHONE > Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading > General