Thread Back Search
  • User Name
  • Password

Cydia Problems.. FW 2.0.1

• 08-11-2008 | 01:13 AM
  • umair9001 Posts: 14
  • I just pawnd my firmware to 2.0.1 wid jst cydia n youtube fix..(with installer not able to pwn..)

I try to install open ssh through the featured packages but it gives me error that i do not have it in the resources..

Exact Error : The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

Please can some1 help me with this..

i jst check da sources already installed and i only have

BigBoss's Source,
    Saurik's Source,
    Ste's Source,
    ZodTTD's Source

I accidently deleted mmi source also want to know how to get it back..

Last edited by umair9001; 08-11-2008 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-11-2008 | 05:38 PM
  • sdiabos Posts: 8
  • I have the same problem!!

Not just with openssh i get the Exact Error with nes and bossprefs and winterboard too!! : The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.
  • 08-11-2008 | 05:52 PM
  • Zwayne's Avatar Zwayne Posts: 390
  • Go to Manage> Sources> Edit> Add> put the sources in there.
  • 08-11-2008 | 06:22 PM
  • sdiabos Posts: 8
  • This has nothing to do with adding more sources!!!

It was working just fine the first time i pwned my iphone it just happend when i restored it again!! all the sources are there but i get this error msg The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

ok found the fix!! the first thing to do is restore and when ur done dont sync ur iphone yet!! got to cydia and install the upgrade!! and then ur all done!!

Last edited by sdiabos; 08-11-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-12-2008 | 04:11 AM
  • Quote de sdiabos
    This has nothing to do with adding more sources!!!

It was working just fine the first time i pwned my iphone it just happend when i restored it again!! all the sources are there but i get this error msg The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources.

ok found the fix!! the first thing to do is restore and when ur done dont sync ur iphone yet!! got to cydia and install the upgrade!! and then ur all done!!
    have to try this out..

m gone crazy pawning the fone again n again..lol..

but i keep doing it till i get it right..will reach hme n give it a try..

Quote de Zwayne
    Go to Manage> Sources> Edit> Add> put the sources in there.
    the cydia isnt the upgraded one..plus i havent got any update notification as well..

otherwise i would have not have had any issues..

Last edited by umair9001; 08-12-2008 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  • 08-12-2008 | 05:24 AM
  • redcard's Avatar redcard Posts: 1,414
  • Quote de sdiabos
    This has nothing to do with adding more sources!!!

The OP asked about adding sources.

Anyway, what you did wasn't a fix. The fix was to wait half an hour for the package / source to come back online
  • 08-12-2008 | 05:58 AM
  • imlboy Posts: 14
  • i got the problem with Cydia as well. but it was like, download the packages..for ages, and then nothing show up, at first i thought it was because of my phone, i restored it :| and the problem was still there. Now i can't even update my cydia, don't know what's wrong...i even tried restore it back to 2.0 but the problem still happens. Anybody has this problem ?
  • 08-12-2008 | 11:41 PM
  • i finally got it solved..

I reacreated a custom IPSW and with all default options and partition size 700MB..

Then after restoring i did not sync it to itunes as sdiabos said earlier..and walla i got all the updates and everything and the firmware is working fine..topclass..
  • 09-03-2008 | 03:28 PM
  • ArranH Posts: 2
  • Quote de sdiabos
    I have the same problem!!

Not just with openssh i get the Exact Error with nes and bossprefs and winterboard too!! : The Package openssh cannot be found in your current sources.
    Same, I get it with about half the items in Cydia. Items that appear on the featured page don't appear when looking through the sections, and while the sources all appear to be there I'm guessing that for some reason it can't connect to them.

1. Upgraded to 2.02 (damn Apple charging us Touch owners again). Used WinPwn on default settings. Sync'd with iTunes then tried Cydia. No good.

2. Run WinPwn in expert mode, followed the settings recommended in the BigBoss guide. Sync'd with iTunes then tried Cydia. No good.

3. Same again but without Syncing with iTunes (as recommended here). No good.

4. Tried a new IPSW with everything else off except Cydia (no installer, no youtube activation etc), didn't sync with iTunes. Still no good.

Now I'm sort of lost for ideas. I'm thinking of downgrading to 2.01 and hoping it makes a difference. Whats weird is that Installer seemed to work fine, safari and mail were all good so I don't think its a Wifi issue.

Also, people talk about Cydia ugrading itself, mine has never asked to. Also, when I look at the Telesomething source under sources is shows no appications under it, so I'm guessing there should be some there. I've been trying this over the past few days so I don't just think its a server temporarily down.

Any ideas???
  • 09-03-2008 | 04:36 PM
  • muddcat Posts: 13
  • You have to update to 2.0.2 then jailbreak your iPhone then install cydia now it will work better than 2.0.2 than it did on 2.0.1
  • 09-03-2008 | 08:51 PM
  • ArranH Posts: 2
  • I have 2.02, I went straight to that from 1.15. I'm thinking of trying 2.01 just because I've run out of ideas, but everything I tried above was 2.02.
Return to Top