View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 8GB iPod Touch 1.1.4 Firmware
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

I'd appreciate it if anyone had info on this, it's the same thing that happened to me.
Only difference for me is that I can sometimes get past that, but it will not download any packages.

It will say "Downloading package..." for a moment then the words change to "Checking package" for an instant before saying the download failed. I don't know if this is simply a matter of the wifi not working properly or if there's something wrong internally.

Does it matter if you're using a public wifi spot to download or should it be a private wireless router?

EDIT: I successfully downloaded a few packages of varying size, but the main reason for me Jailbreaking my iPod was to get the NES app on it, and it won't download that. Always comes up with the problem above... Says those then saying, "Error - Download failed." Only seems to happen with apps who have Nullriver Software as the contact.
Also seems to not want to refresh the sources. It will start but never finish... again I question the public wifi spot.
Any solutions/suggestions?

EDIT EDIT: Used someones personal wireless router and everything went smoothly, I apologize for wasting anyones time. :P

Last edited by Andrew dot exe : 05-29-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote