ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

Unlocked iPhones

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone Modding > T-mobile

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 11:26 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 2.0.1

To Treaty....Yes, I also found that it was worse when switching in and out of wifi mode. When I turned wifi off it was definitely better but still an issue. It almost seems like when the phone switches out of Edge (via wifi or losing signal temporarily) it sometimes doesn't restore Edge properly even though the "E" symbol is there. Again, most of the time it works fine, just happens every once in a while for me.

I haven't tried 2.0.2 yet though based on Alantoo's post it doesn't sound like that will help. I was hoping it might based on the fact that 2.0.2 supposedly improves 3G reception...I was hoping that would be the case with Edge as well.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: 2G iPhone 2.0.2
Operating System: Mac OS 10.4.11

Hi am noticing the same thing 1st Gen on 1.1.4 sometimes Edge will appear to be not available, a web page will begin loading then the screen will flash white and nothing loads. Have noticed happening within the last couple of days. Sometimes comes back all by itself, sometimes needs a restart. odd
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3G 2.1
Operating System: Windows Xp

i'm having the same problem, but it just started happening recently like 3days ago, i never had the problem before. now im on 2.0.1 and it happens all the time, its so fustrating any luck figuring out whats the problem?

i just realized that i turned push off around the same time i started having this problem, does anyone have push on and still having problems? because it could be that since the iphone is not pushing info from the servers edge gets disconnected, just a thought.

Last edited by mawells787; 08-25-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

hey guys, i'm having the same exact problem. i've been searching everywhere for a solution and i came across this thread. I just upgraded to 2.0.1 from 1.1.4 where I had access to T-mobile edge with no problem (using total internet package). once i upgraded i started having this problem you all are describing for about a week now.

@ mawells: i've always had push off since i upgraded so I just turned push on and hopefully it'll fix the problem.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I have always had push on and have this problem as well. Had this problem on 1.1.4 - 2.0.2
Old 08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
What's Jailbreak?

turning push on didn't seem to work for me. still getting the same problems...did everyone here use winpwn to get to 2.0.1? i never had a problem with 1.1.4 and i used ziphone to unlock/jailbreak that
Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

For the record turning push on did'nt do anything.

I think this is a problem with t-mobile, beacause i never had an issue with it until recently and everyone else seems to have just started having these problems and i put my sim card into a different iphone running 2.0FW and had the same problem.

when did this start happening ? i started getting on the aug 21
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
What's Jailbreak?

i started getting the issue around the same date...it's not just you and me it seems like a pretty widespread problem. i've seen posts about it on hackintosh and hofo

[pwnage 2.0.3.1][FW 2.0.2] When using Edge web pages load blank at times - Hackint0sh

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - does 2.0.1 suck?? major EDGE problems since upgrading....
Old 08-28-2008, 11:50 AM
What's Jailbreak?

I'm also having the same problem where my Edge randomly stops working, even with a full signal. I've found that turning the phone on and off fixes it, but obviously it's annoying. I think mine also started sometime between the 22nd and 25th (don't quite remember) and I've always had push support on as I have an Exchange account synchronized (one of the big pluses of 2.0 for me!). Has anyone tried calling T-Mobile yet? I'm considering calling but am not sure if it's an iPhone or network issue.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
What's Jailbreak?

@ ak17: yeah i'm wondering the same thing. i just posted on hofo with questions as to whether it's the network or the phone. i called t-mobile a few days ago and they said everything on my phone account was provisioned correctly (i've had total internet package for a long time) and they refreshed my phone on the network, but none of that solved the problem. the rep i spoke with didn't mention any network problems but didn't seem to be the most knowledgeable person i've spoken with. when i told her i was using an unlocked iphone she replied she had never seen an iphone before and asked me to take out the battery...she had never heard of a phone that didn't have a user-replaceable battery so it may not be the most reliable source.

does anyone here have 1.1.4 running on t-mobile with the same problem? if someone is running 1.1.4 still with no problem, we'll know it's the firmware and not the network. before i upgraded, i had no issues but it could be coincidence that i just happened to upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 at the same time the network started going wacko
Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
What's Jailbreak?

to hurley: it has to be a tmobile issue, i read someone mention it could be since tmobile is working on 3g they might be having network issues, eventhough they wont admit to it.

but im getting really fustrated i think my only solution right now is to switch to AT&T.

to be honest today it hasn't been to bad edge seems to stay on a lot more i onyl had to use airplane mode toggle once, for some reason yesterday i couldn't even get on edge it just wasn't working. im going to give if a couple of more days hopefully tmobile gets things working again, but everyone should still call tmobile and report the problem, and maybe they realize theres something wrong with their network.

Last edited by mawells787; 08-28-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1st gen, 2.02
Operating System: OS X.5
EDGE network hanging often.....

I am having the same problem with a bit of variation. When I have an E I can often but not always retrieve e-mail. However, I very often cannot load websites, stock prices, etc. I would say I cannot connect more often then I can. If I reboot (most often I use the iReboot app, very easy) I can often access for a bit. Loss of connection often correlates with whether I have gone in and out of a wifi zone but it happens often even when wifi is off. Web apps will often tell me that they can activate the network.

Any fix is more than welcome.

2.02 firmware on first gen iPhone.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: Iphone 3g, FW2.0,2 Jailbroke & Heavily Moded
Operating System: PC running Win XP, 2.7gig Quad Core Liquid Cooled + Laptop/Tablet Acer C302XMI

I have the same problems but with 3g iPhone on O2 network. I spoke to Iphone Tech today and was told to:

Go to settings/ General/ reset/ and reset network settings.

When phone reboots go to Settings and turn WiFi of.

Then go to Settings/ General/ Network and togle 3g of and back on.

This sorted it for me and Safari has been quiker than ever for a few hours then the problem come back and I have to repeat it.

Apple need to fix this once and for all, as this is not acceptable.

IphoneCrazy
Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Device + Firmware: iPhone 1st gen, 2.02
Operating System: OS X.5
New TZones Hack!!!!

I went into Cydia today and it had an update for the TZones Hack due to a change in the IP range of T-mobile Edge from 10.0.0.0 to 25.0.0.0. I installed it and several internet savvy apps worked that haven't worked reliably for days.

Try it. I hope it solves at least some of this problem.
<a href="http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&u