ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

2.2 Unlock | Jailbreak OS X

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPhone Modding > T-mobile

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Nice and eazy

Good Instruction thanks a bnch

Sweet and easy bud thanks a bunch

Last edited by shawnstoy; 11-29-2007 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:28 PM
What's Jailbreak?

Does it still work now (Nov29 23:24)?
I applied the TMobileWeb($5.99) and followed the instructions here. But I can only connect to http://wap.myvoicestream.com/ for now... For other websites, it always shows "internal error You do not have access to the site in www.XXXXXX.com"

Any ideas?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Broke wifi

Seems incompatible with my wifi. After intslling in Safari I get "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server" None of the other apps can connect either. I'm thinking with all the success people are claiming, it must be unique to my hardware. I'm using an actiontec router. Does anyone know how I might be able to modify preferences.plist to get this working right for me? My wifi works once I uninstalled with Installer (I was happy to see it does backup preferences.plist).
Old 11-30-2007, 03:35 AM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Send a message via AIM to JD914 Send a message via Yahoo to JD914

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
Does it still work now (Nov29 23:24)?
I applied the TMobileWeb($5.99) and followed the instructions here. But I can only connect to http://wap.myvoicestream.com/ for now... For other websites, it always shows "internal error You do not have access to the site in www.XXXXXX.com"

Any ideas?
Give it a little time, T Mobile might take more then 24 hours to switch you over to T Zones. Patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsum View Post
Seems incompatible with my wifi. After intslling in Safari I get "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server" None of the other apps can connect either. I'm thinking with all the success people are claiming, it must be unique to my hardware. I'm using an actiontec router. Does anyone know how I might be able to modify preferences.plist to get this working right for me? My wifi works once I uninstalled with Installer (I was happy to see it does backup preferences.plist).
Your doing it wrong. Enter the link on the sources section of installer app NOT safari.

Last edited by JD914; 11-30-2007 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
What's Jailbreak?

One of the phones here is getting the "internal error", and sporadic internet access. The edge symbol is always there, but it's hit or miss whether it will connect. I applied the usual patches from surreal so I'm not sure what the problem is.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
What's Jailbreak?

@JD914

I did do it through installer. What I mean is, after installing "T-mobile T-Zones Proxy" from the Surreal Networks source via installer, it screws up my wifi connection on the iPhone. The result is when I try to load a page in Safari, I get the message "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server". I also get other failure messages from all of the other apps that require an internet connection. I don't get edge where I'm doing the mod so I don't know if the mod works in that respect. I've tried turning wifi off and then back on again.

Now I guarantee I will not be the only one to have this problem. If you look at the preferences.plist file you'll see it is quite a bit different from the original. I'm using 1.1.2 so that's the preferences.plist I'm comparing it to. The original is about a third larger in size. I think something is either changed or missing that is needed to get it to work with my router. If that's the case, I suspect people will find they run into trouble other places, even if it works at home.

I was able to get everything working correctly by removing the preferences.plist that the this mod uses and replacing it with an edited version of the original. I followed the edit instructions here: http://limitededitioniphone.com/t-mo...-edge-settings

After editing preferences.plist I needed to change its permissions to 644 in order to get it to work. Just to check, I uninstalled the "T-mobile T-Zones Proxy" mod via Installer and reinstalled it to see if maybe it was a permissions thing. I did find that it installs with 0 permissions so that alone would seem to make it not work, but changing the permissions didn't fix it. Re-installing my edited version of preferences.plist fixed it.

End result, after walking half a mile to a location where I get edge, test confirms it works with my edited preferences.plist combined with the proxy.pac that the mod in this thread installs.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

i cant get it to work =[ i have lost all hope in getting my edge to work with my tmobile card and im pretty much paying for tzone for nothing =[ somebody helpp meeeeee
Old 12-01-2007, 04:03 AM
What's Jailbreak?

specify where you are stuck

@inK420

First a short rant. You shouldn't expect to get a quality answer to a half @ss question.

In other words, we need more info to help you out. What have you done up to this point? What is it that seems to be not working?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i had install the proxy t-mobile through installer.app and set the edge to wap.voicestream.com and install the sticky APN and reboot but it's seen like it's not working the edge is runing but every site i go to said internal error You do not have acces to the site in xxxxx anyone tell me what's goin on and how to make it work thankz i'm using 1.0.2 thankzYOu
Old 12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
What's Jailbreak?

i got a iphone as present from my uncle who bought 2x and gave me one (iThank him alot), and i have tmobile and i decided to unlock it and got my tmobile card in there than the next step was to get edge setup i dowgraded to 1.1.1 (originaly 1.1.2 out the box)and i tried all the ways possible to get it to work but i cant seem to get the E from edge to show up nevertheless connect.... i also had a cingular card in my phone ( gfs sim card) and couldnt get the E to show up or get the internet to work im thinking it is possibly defective i even attempted the lastest proxy hack on the first page of tmobile carriers! please helpp! i will much appreciate it!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:48 AM
What's Jailbreak?

sms

thanks for you guide, i haven't sign up for t-mobile internet $6 or $20, but on my service had sms $5, I did use this guide it work some time, 2 out of 10. I have to turn on / off / on / off.... until I got lucky IP then it connect. but the speed heo slow only 56k.

do you think if i cancel the sms, sign up for $6 internet plan, is it run faster & is it connect on other time?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 AM
What's Jailbreak?

T-mobile T-zones internal error

Its been 48 hours since I activated my T-zones plan and I've tried 2 different hacks. I am able to get to *ONLY* http://wap.voicestream.com and http://www.yahoo.com (Safari). No other internet services work mail/stocks/weather. When trying to go to google.com I get the same "Internal error You do have access to the site in www.google.com". On the top of Safari it says COMVERSE ? I've tried a combination of wap settings and am currently using wap.voicestream.com and guest as login and password. Running into a brick wall here guys. Thanks for any and all your help

XXPLOZIVE
iphone fw 1.1.1
Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM
What's Jailbreak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplozive View Post
Its been 48 hours since I activated my T-zones plan and I've tried 2 different hacks. I am able to get to *ONLY* http://wap.voicestream.com and http://www.yahoo.com (Safari). No other internet services work mail/stocks/weather. When trying to go to google.com I get the same "Internal error You do have access to the site in www.google.com". On the top of Safari it says COMVERSE ? I've tried a combination of wap settings and am currently using wap.voicestream.com and guest as login and password. Running into a brick wall here guys. Thanks for any and all your help

XXPLOZIVE
iphone fw 1.1.1
Tmobile must have found out and done something. I previously had a different number and i did the hack myself by editting the proxy and preference files. I think this hack just does the same automatically for you.

So again it worked for me for months until last week when i had a new number and same tzones service. Now i get the same error you get and maybe 1-2 times it works but the rest same error.

So now the tzones hack is not a sure thing anymore.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit <a href="http://www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed&save?u=http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=1914a22724d35be83119efed2aa63ab8&t=17463&h;=T Zones $5.99 proxy hack made easy=)" title="Submit this post on newsvine.com." rel="nofollow" class="service_links_news