ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > MMi > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPhone 8Gb 1.1.4
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
Send a message via AIM to the sr5
I think i hit a nerv.... (Apple Disscusion Forum)

Or maybe i was just asking for it, but here it is:

Quote:
Dear John Griffis (tHe sR5),

Apple removed your post on Apple Discussions titled "Re: iPhone 3G Reception Problems? You're Not Alone - Continued again " because it contained the following:

Speculation or Rumors
Discussion of Apple Policies, Procedures, or Decisions
Off-topic or Non-Technical Posts
Rude or Inappropriate Language or Behavior
Non-Constructive Rants or Complaints

We are including a copy of your post at the end of this email for your reference.

Our terms of use, which include helpful information about using Apple Discussions, is located here:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Help

We encourage you to continue using the Apple Discussions while abiding by our terms of use.

If you would like to send feedback to Apple about a product, please use the appropriate selection here:

Apple - Feedback

As part of submitting feedback, please read the Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy linked to the feedback page.

Kind Regards,

Apple Discussions Staff

++++++++++

A copy of your message for reference:

I have said it once before and I'll say it again, and i know they're are a few people that agree with me and have said it the same way. I am sick and Tired of being a paying Beta Tester... if i wanted to test a product like a phone i would have two, my main phone and the iphone for testing... Apple you really need to pull your head out of the clouds for a minute, you guys already had one of the best devices on the market, and we had just gotten past all these stupid bugs... then you push out this one, this is almost worse then when you guys released the ipod nano that one christmas season then right after your released the bigger version of the nano.... what is going on there, do you guys just not care about your consumers? stop leading us on, and get the job done for once, please.... i had a perfectly working iPhone 1gen and you through this iPhone 2gen (3g) out that has clearly (in my eyes) shown that the proper testing methods have not been performed... i think your guys w
ere focusing to much on people getting around your stupid iphone locking feature to much to help keep from people unlocking they're devices... you people really need to understand that no matter what you do to try to prevent this there will always be someone out there to break your method, you are creating a man made product hence any man smart enough to think of what you are thinking can be done or reversed, get over this unlocking crap and fix the features of the **** device first... ONCE AGAIN as a paying customer i am sick and tired of being your test subject, Do not get me wrong i love the device, but you know as well as i do this phone could be much better if you focused on making it work correctly and stop worrying about people unlocking the **** thing, because no matter what there will be someone out there that can, and will....

This message is sent from a send-only email account. Any replies sent to this address are deleted automatically by the system.

It Is What It Is...
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the sr5 For This Useful Post:
dale1v (08-29-2008), Muggz5 (08-29-2008), Nick.K (08-28-2008), pokekid (08-28-2008)
Old 08-28-2008, 03:13 PM
My iPhone is a Part of Me

Device + Firmware: 2.0 3G White 16gig
Operating System: XP,Vista,Ubuntu
Send a message via AIM to pokekid

lol i feel the same with this 3g version right now. i love my iphone but this launch is terrible compared to the first gens launch. i am keeping my iphone and buying the bold unlocked(misses said it would be my birthday present =]) it still is a great phone however they missed an opportunity to completely take over the market by enhancing the features and full testing the device prior to launch

AT&T 16 gig White 2.0.1 =]
Old 08-28-2008, 03:26 PM

Very True...

It Is What It Is...
Old 08-28-2008, 03:51 PM
What's Jailbreak?

I fully agree with everything said, and I am sure 99 percent of iphone lovers totally second that statement.......
Old 08-28-2008, 03:53 PM

Device + Firmware: 2.0 3G White 16gig
Operating System: XP,Vista,Ubuntu
Send a message via AIM to pokekid

still love my iphone though. if it wasnt released then other manufacturers would not have stepped their games up. yay apple =]
now when these problems are worked out and everything then maybe my girl will get the bold. she wants it more anyways thats why i think she said yeah to getting it lol
hopefully the quality builds improve, i have had cracks in all my replacements and makes me sad when i see them

AT&T 16 gig White 2.0.1 =]
Old 08-29-2008, 11:09 AM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3g 2.2 Pwned
Operating System: OS X Convert

completely and utterly agree.

if it wasn't for the fact that every other phone on the market sucked balls infinitely more than the iphone i would have moved on.

i am rooting for a deluxe iphone 3g, a 3g iphone with the build quality that was in the 1st gen, and the build quality i have come to expect from apple. the 3g iphone is not an iphone in my eyes until it matches the build quality of the 1st gen, which in my eyes was pretty flawless for what it did.

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:
dale1v (08-29-2008)
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM

This phone should have never been released in this condition, given i really wanted it!! really really bad haha, but i would have much rather waited for a working device then be disappointed with what we have now

It Is What It Is...
The Following User Says Thank You to the sr5 For This Useful Post:
dale1v (08-29-2008)
Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 2G iPhones v2.1 T-Mo
Operating System: XP Pro/Vista

I applaud you for your post to that site originally, and Im incredibly pleased with their response and you posting it here for us to read. It was a very honest statement, and not ignorant in any way. The fact they took the time to remove it and send you a statement why, is enough for an ovation.

I think the iphone from scratch has changed the market 1000 % and it was so different from the start. Direct manufacturer support, build quality, abilities, design, on and on. It wasn't "just another really cool phone outdated in less than 1 month." I still get christmas day excitement and jitters, now almost 2 years later. (thats impressive)

Now its starting to become "just another phone" that almost works

Quote:
ONCE AGAIN as a paying customer i am sick and tired of being your test subject......

Last edited by Muggz5; 08-29-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
I applaud you for your post to that site originally, and Im incredibly pleased with their response and you posting it here for us to read. It was a very honest statement, and not ignorant in any way. The fact they took the time to remove it and send you a statement why, is enough for an ovation.

Yeah that's exactly how i felt when i got the email, i was like wow... its about time someone read what was going on... but who knows, im sure it was just some stupid moderator on the iphone forums at apple who had someone piss in his cheerios... i have posted a lot of information on the apple forums, and have said a few things that were true and somewhat along the lines of what i said in this last post and out of all of them this was the first one to be deleted i was really surprised... but i mean its true... i think i speak for everyone when i say that we are tired of being beta testers... and its not just the iphone its everything apple makes, given... everything will have a bug or two, but not like apple products... hell my first ipod had so many issues it was crazy... i mean i dont see microsoft out there with a Genius Bar.... do you... no because they take theyre time (i mean really take theyre time) but who cares when they release a product, it is for the most part pretty air tight besides a few little glitches here and there, that are fixed with a 2kb file from auto update... but there isnt even a legit way to fix a bug on our phones, i mean Wtf do we have to fully reinstall the os on our phones when there is an update?? why the hell cant you just send the patch like any normal operating system... i could be completely out of context on this but i look at the iphone not as a mobile phone, but as a fully functioning OS like apple/Jobs has put it... why not make it perform like one, why should i have to sit infront of my computer for 30-45 without a phone and the full function to do anything else on my computer well my phone decides to either install the update or through me some stupid error, hell im scared sometimes to even let the screen saver come on in fear that i would have to sit there for another 45 min redoing everything... i just wish that if apple is going to keep putting out these updates that clearly dont do **** to the function of my phone, and it was just a "oh well we thought we would test this piece of code this time" so heres the update "oh and its going to take a 100yrs to download because its a 225mb and everyone wants it so enjoy sitting on your computer all night <3 Apple"

Let me just add, i know i ranted about apple blah well i know there are going to be those people out there that are like "well then dont by from them" you know what STFU just STFU thats all i have to say im sorry, i buy from apple because i love they're over all product, but i do have to say, they have terrible customer service/satisfaction... especially when you buy a 300$ phone that is supposed to be "faster, slimmer, sexier, cheaper" and we get "crash-ier, fatter, sluggish, overall more expensive" phone... that is a real hit below the belt to all of us... this device should have been tested properly like any other product is tested.... give it to the customer for a month or two, let them tell you whats wrong, then move forward with release.... hell NON of us even knew what the damn thing looked like before keynotes, and that was 1 month before launch... PEOPLE WERE CREATING FAKE PICTURES FOR PUBLICITY, PEOPLE WERE STANDING IN LINE FOR NOOOOOOO! REASON IN NEW YOUR BEFORE KEYNOTES!!! Come on talk about a company who has us by the balls.... now why should it be so hard to make things right? dont we deserve it as a customer, and well even more a FAN!

It Is What It Is...

Last edited by the sr5; 08-30-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:34 PM

Device + Firmware: iPhone 3G 16GB White
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4

We are seeing alot of frustrations and alot of these frustrations are becuase Apple has never really pushed a product to the masses to this extent. What we are seeing is a sacrifice of quality control for quantity control.

I feel like a loser sometimes becuase i fell into the hype. I sold a perfectly good 1st gen for a mass made 3g.

But i think there is light because i believe that at least in my account, the frustrations have been software, not hardware (except for 3g coverage sucks, which may in fact be software, but who knows?). The software can be updated, so for now i will wait, and hope.
dale1v (08-30-2008)
Old 08-30-2008, 07:45 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 2G iPhones v2.1 T-Mo
Operating System: XP Pro/Vista

Something occured to me as I read this a second time. There may be a vast majority on those forums that have no clue about jailbreaking/unlocking and really they wouldnt want more people to know about it than there already is. So as much as Id love to think it was because you hit a nerve its quite possible thats an underlying reason relative to what info they didnt want out there.

either way i still dig the post, thanks again.