ModMyMotoModMyiModMyGphone

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPod Models > iPod Touch > iPod Touch General Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iTouch 2.1 jailbroken
Operating System: I have a dual core pain the ***, RAM whoring , game crashing, Wifi paranoid piece of cr@p = vista,
Send a message via MSN to exekias
My ipod is different in good and bad ways

okay, so iv trawled around with no much avail so here are some issues, hope you can help, its running 2.0.2

1) okay my ipod plays video podcasts in vertical mode, i thought, that was a rumor about vertical playback, but it wasn't true
2)When is click home and the power button, my whole screen flashes white, does yours do this.
3) ARR. the bloody app store, I'm so considering going back to 1.1.4, when i uninstall apps on the springboard my ipod sometimes freezes up and crashes.
4) Syncing with itunes is screwed, i get error (-69) some times that tells me it cant find the disk but keeps syncing fine anyway, i cant sync mail. and some podcasts dont feel like syncing.

i have reinstalled itunes many a time, i have even tried this with older versions with no avail (im running vista dont shun me)

any help would be appreciated

Go one Youtube and search exekias

IF I HELPED WHY NOT THANK ME, ITS NOT LIKE I TAKE PART OF YOUR SOUL WHEN YOU ACKNOWLEDGE MY HELP.
Digg StumbleUpon Delicious Reddit Newsvine Google Yahoo Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:48 AM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: 2.1
Operating System: Vista x32 (Unfortunately)

1. My device does not play video podcasts vertically, only horizontally. Can you switch from one to another or is it only played vertically?
2. That's the device taking a screenshot, if you look at your photos, you'll see a folder that has those shots of your device.
3. That just sounds like what the AppStore can do, it isn't as refined as our Cydia/Installer (v3)
4. I don't understand what it means by it can't 'find the disk' yet continues to sync. You could get used to it if it's not every single time you sync and prevents things from going onto your device. For the rogue podcasts, do you have everything synced on or do you have it set to manual?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:
exekias (08-27-2008)
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Green Apple

Device + Firmware: iTouch 2.1 jailbroken
Operating System: I have a dual core pain the ***, RAM whoring , game crashing, Wifi paranoid piece of cr@p = vista,
Send a message via MSN to exekias
chers hers the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
1. My device does not play video podcasts vertically, only horizontally. Can you switch from one to another or is it only played vertically?
2. That's the device taking a screenshot, if you look at your photos, you'll see a folder that has those shots of your device.
3. That just sounds like what the AppStore can do, it isn't as refined as our Cydia/Installer (v3)
4. I don't understand what it means by it can't 'find the disk' yet continues to sync. You could get used to it if it's not every single time you sync and prevents things from going onto your device. For the rogue podcasts, do you have everything synced on or do you have it set to manual?
------------------------------------------------------
My device plays the podcasts only in vertical wen i access the video podcasts from the music section of the ipod
cool, i looked in my photos and wow iv taken a few snapshots

and i have my whole ipod to sync manually, and i have fixed the sync problem by removing the edge podcasts, since i removed them, i have had no probs, but i still have errors when i try to sync my mail, so i just dont, even though i rely heavily on my ipod to recieve my mail i have the acocunts already on there.

thank you for your help

Go one Youtube and search exekias

IF I HELPED WHY NOT THANK ME, ITS NOT LIKE I TAKE PART OF YOUR SOUL WHEN YOU ACKNOWLEDGE MY HELP.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:17 PM
iPhone? More like MyPhone

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 8GB(1G) & iPhone 8GB(2G) 2.2 QUICKPWN
Operating System: Windows XP

My iPod said it was waiting for activation. Then the carrier text changed from iPod to no service. The home and power button started taking snapshots, and photos became camera roll. I also cannot access iTunes with it. I used the new quickpwn and everything was great for a few days. Cydia locked up on me and I tried to do a hard reset and it started taking snapshots. I turned it off today and when I turned back on it thought it was an iPhone.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
iPhoneaholic

That is utterly bizarre. You should restore ASAP, I haven't a clue as to why that could happen. Now, both iPod and iPhone take screenshots (power and home button pressed at the same time), so you must have been doing some odd techniques to reboot. Now, does it say 'iPhone' on your computer or is it just the device looks like iPhone version of the mobile OSX?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:18 PM

It says iPod in iTunes now and it let me add music. Another odd thing is that windows pops a window titled apple iPod but it thinks it's a digital camera and asks me what program to use photoshop or scanner camera wizard. I'm gonna just restore it.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
iPhoneaholic

The pop-up that says it's a camera isn't odd (mine does the same), I think it may see it as such because you can take pictures and upload them to the computer.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:58 PM

I restored it already. When I first jailbroke my touch earlier this year I had the same problem as it showing up like a camera and itunes wouldn't even detect it. I did some heavy searching and found out you had to direct the drivers to the device.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:16 PM
iPhoneaholic

Device + Firmware: iPod Touch 2.2 Quickpwned
Operating System: Windows :'(
Send a message via AIM to bteamer

The camera thing is fine. The computer senses photos on the device, so it just categorizes it as a camera. That's why that pops up. There's nothing wrong with it.

Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More > iPod Models > iPod Touch > iPod Touch General Chat